Dec 13, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
Xavier Henry, who played in only 38 games for the Memphis Grizzlies last year due to injury, was seen at Grizzlies training camp Tuesday in crutches. That’s not good.
Here is the tweet from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Henry out up to a month with torn ligaments in rt ankle. Henry in walking boot
We don’t have more details, but that is not sounding good.
This may have had something to do with why the Grizzlies pulled back on the trade of O.J. Mayo to the Pacers.
He will be back for most of the season and the Grizzlies are counting on him to take a step forward and provide some depth.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14