Dec 13, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Xavier Henry, who played in only 38 games for the Memphis Grizzlies last year due to injury, was seen at Grizzlies training camp Tuesday in crutches. That’s not good.
Here is the tweet from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Henry out up to a month with torn ligaments in rt ankle. Henry in walking boot
We don’t have more details, but that is not sounding good.
This may have had something to do with why the Grizzlies pulled back on the trade of O.J. Mayo to the Pacers.
He will be back for most of the season and the Grizzlies are counting on him to take a step forward and provide some depth.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 0
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 14
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40