Dec 13, 2011, 2:05 AM EST
The Dallas Mavericks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers were the two teams considered to be chasing West, but Dallas slid in and nabbed him for a very reasonable $1.8 million.
West takes the place of J.J. Barea as backup PG in Dallas. For Mavs fans, it may be best if West’s minutes are held back. Not because of West, who is a solid backup point guard who can provide some solid defense and energy. But when Jason Kidd sits, you want Rodrigue Beaubois to be the guy who demands the minutes with his play. Beaubois, if he is healthy and all the way back, could be the guy to provide the spark Dallas needs. He is creative, quick, can score and just change the game when he is in. The more he earns minutes, the better.
But West is a solid guy to have on the bench. Plus, he and Mark Cuban should get along famously.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12