Dec 13, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers were the two teams considered to be chasing West, but Dallas slid in and nabbed him for a very reasonable $1.8 million.
West takes the place of J.J. Barea as backup PG in Dallas. For Mavs fans, it may be best if West’s minutes are held back. Not because of West, who is a solid backup point guard who can provide some solid defense and energy. But when Jason Kidd sits, you want Rodrigue Beaubois to be the guy who demands the minutes with his play. Beaubois, if he is healthy and all the way back, could be the guy to provide the spark Dallas needs. He is creative, quick, can score and just change the game when he is in. The more he earns minutes, the better.
But West is a solid guy to have on the bench. Plus, he and Mark Cuban should get along famously.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14