Dec 13, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers were the two teams considered to be chasing West, but Dallas slid in and nabbed him for a very reasonable $1.8 million.
West takes the place of J.J. Barea as backup PG in Dallas. For Mavs fans, it may be best if West’s minutes are held back. Not because of West, who is a solid backup point guard who can provide some solid defense and energy. But when Jason Kidd sits, you want Rodrigue Beaubois to be the guy who demands the minutes with his play. Beaubois, if he is healthy and all the way back, could be the guy to provide the spark Dallas needs. He is creative, quick, can score and just change the game when he is in. The more he earns minutes, the better.
But West is a solid guy to have on the bench. Plus, he and Mark Cuban should get along famously.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28