Dec 13, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers were the two teams considered to be chasing West, but Dallas slid in and nabbed him for a very reasonable $1.8 million.
West takes the place of J.J. Barea as backup PG in Dallas. For Mavs fans, it may be best if West’s minutes are held back. Not because of West, who is a solid backup point guard who can provide some solid defense and energy. But when Jason Kidd sits, you want Rodrigue Beaubois to be the guy who demands the minutes with his play. Beaubois, if he is healthy and all the way back, could be the guy to provide the spark Dallas needs. He is creative, quick, can score and just change the game when he is in. The more he earns minutes, the better.
But West is a solid guy to have on the bench. Plus, he and Mark Cuban should get along famously.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11