Dec 13, 2011, 2:05 AM EST
The Dallas Mavericks, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers were the two teams considered to be chasing West, but Dallas slid in and nabbed him for a very reasonable $1.8 million.
West takes the place of J.J. Barea as backup PG in Dallas. For Mavs fans, it may be best if West’s minutes are held back. Not because of West, who is a solid backup point guard who can provide some solid defense and energy. But when Jason Kidd sits, you want Rodrigue Beaubois to be the guy who demands the minutes with his play. Beaubois, if he is healthy and all the way back, could be the guy to provide the spark Dallas needs. He is creative, quick, can score and just change the game when he is in. The more he earns minutes, the better.
But West is a solid guy to have on the bench. Plus, he and Mark Cuban should get along famously.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)