Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT
The Clippers are still looking at major shakeups to their lineup — trying to bring in Chauncey Billups, which could add Eric Bledsoe to a deal to acquire Chris Paul out of New Orleans — but they also want to keep their young front line together.
The Clippers matched Golden State’s offer for DeAndre Jordan and the athletic but raw big man will remain in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That’s a four-year, $43 million deal and there is a trade kicker should the Clips try to move him.
That’s a lot of money for a center that is more potential than production (7.1 and 7.2 points per game last season). It’s also the right move. Jordan is entering his fourth season and is just figuring out his game and how to fit it into the league. Plus, his high-flying blocks and athleticism are a great blend with Bake Griffin (the two are good friends).
Athletic 6’11” guys who can fly all over the court don’t drop out of the sky every day. The price is high, but athletic big men are at a premium, this was a good deal by the Clippers.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4