Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT
The Clippers are still looking at major shakeups to their lineup — trying to bring in Chauncey Billups, which could add Eric Bledsoe to a deal to acquire Chris Paul out of New Orleans — but they also want to keep their young front line together.
The Clippers matched Golden State’s offer for DeAndre Jordan and the athletic but raw big man will remain in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That’s a four-year, $43 million deal and there is a trade kicker should the Clips try to move him.
That’s a lot of money for a center that is more potential than production (7.1 and 7.2 points per game last season). It’s also the right move. Jordan is entering his fourth season and is just figuring out his game and how to fit it into the league. Plus, his high-flying blocks and athleticism are a great blend with Bake Griffin (the two are good friends).
Athletic 6’11” guys who can fly all over the court don’t drop out of the sky every day. The price is high, but athletic big men are at a premium, this was a good deal by the Clippers.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24