Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT
The Clippers are still looking at major shakeups to their lineup — trying to bring in Chauncey Billups, which could add Eric Bledsoe to a deal to acquire Chris Paul out of New Orleans — but they also want to keep their young front line together.
The Clippers matched Golden State’s offer for DeAndre Jordan and the athletic but raw big man will remain in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That’s a four-year, $43 million deal and there is a trade kicker should the Clips try to move him.
That’s a lot of money for a center that is more potential than production (7.1 and 7.2 points per game last season). It’s also the right move. Jordan is entering his fourth season and is just figuring out his game and how to fit it into the league. Plus, his high-flying blocks and athleticism are a great blend with Bake Griffin (the two are good friends).
Athletic 6’11” guys who can fly all over the court don’t drop out of the sky every day. The price is high, but athletic big men are at a premium, this was a good deal by the Clippers.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 2
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 3
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 16
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18