Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 AM EST
The Clippers are still looking at major shakeups to their lineup — trying to bring in Chauncey Billups, which could add Eric Bledsoe to a deal to acquire Chris Paul out of New Orleans — but they also want to keep their young front line together.
The Clippers matched Golden State’s offer for DeAndre Jordan and the athletic but raw big man will remain in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That’s a four-year, $43 million deal and there is a trade kicker should the Clips try to move him.
That’s a lot of money for a center that is more potential than production (7.1 and 7.2 points per game last season). It’s also the right move. Jordan is entering his fourth season and is just figuring out his game and how to fit it into the league. Plus, his high-flying blocks and athleticism are a great blend with Bake Griffin (the two are good friends).
Athletic 6’11” guys who can fly all over the court don’t drop out of the sky every day. The price is high, but athletic big men are at a premium, this was a good deal by the Clippers.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5