Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT
The Clippers are still looking at major shakeups to their lineup — trying to bring in Chauncey Billups, which could add Eric Bledsoe to a deal to acquire Chris Paul out of New Orleans — but they also want to keep their young front line together.
The Clippers matched Golden State’s offer for DeAndre Jordan and the athletic but raw big man will remain in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That’s a four-year, $43 million deal and there is a trade kicker should the Clips try to move him.
That’s a lot of money for a center that is more potential than production (7.1 and 7.2 points per game last season). It’s also the right move. Jordan is entering his fourth season and is just figuring out his game and how to fit it into the league. Plus, his high-flying blocks and athleticism are a great blend with Bake Griffin (the two are good friends).
Athletic 6’11” guys who can fly all over the court don’t drop out of the sky every day. The price is high, but athletic big men are at a premium, this was a good deal by the Clippers.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35