Dec 13, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 am: Relax… it was just stress, according to Green. Gary Washburn of the Globe with the tweet:
Jeff Green said docs were wary of stress test during physical. He attributes it to fatigue. Says he may practice today or tomorrow
Okay then. We will not ask about why he was fatigued and just move along. Nothing to see here.
9:59 am: Jeff Green — who the Celtics just gave a healthy $9 million, but only one year — contract to is not that healthy himself.
He is not practicing with his teammates yet because he didn’t pass his team physical.We do not have a lot of details yet but A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com passes along what we do know.
Jeff Green remains unable to practice with the Boston Celtics after the C’s “found something” in his physical. Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, declined to say what the team discovered that warranted keeping him off the floor.
“We anticipate he’ll be here soon in practice,” Ainge said. “He’s going through the tests again today and tomorrow, and he should be fine.”
Both Ainge and coach Doc Rivers danced around questions about what red flag went up during the physical. Sure, they may be taking something out of the Bill Belichick book of coaching here, but to not say what was found in a preseason physical still is a bit concerning.
Ainge said this in no way jeopardizes Green’s new contract. Clearly this is not just a hangnail, but for now it just is something to monitor. Green is going to be key if the Celtics are going to make a push for banner number 18 this season.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19