Dec 13, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 am: Relax… it was just stress, according to Green. Gary Washburn of the Globe with the tweet:
Jeff Green said docs were wary of stress test during physical. He attributes it to fatigue. Says he may practice today or tomorrow
Okay then. We will not ask about why he was fatigued and just move along. Nothing to see here.
9:59 am: Jeff Green — who the Celtics just gave a healthy $9 million, but only one year — contract to is not that healthy himself.
He is not practicing with his teammates yet because he didn’t pass his team physical.We do not have a lot of details yet but A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com passes along what we do know.
Jeff Green remains unable to practice with the Boston Celtics after the C’s “found something” in his physical. Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, declined to say what the team discovered that warranted keeping him off the floor.
“We anticipate he’ll be here soon in practice,” Ainge said. “He’s going through the tests again today and tomorrow, and he should be fine.”
Both Ainge and coach Doc Rivers danced around questions about what red flag went up during the physical. Sure, they may be taking something out of the Bill Belichick book of coaching here, but to not say what was found in a preseason physical still is a bit concerning.
Ainge said this in no way jeopardizes Green’s new contract. Clearly this is not just a hangnail, but for now it just is something to monitor. Green is going to be key if the Celtics are going to make a push for banner number 18 this season.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31