Dec 13, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 am: Relax… it was just stress, according to Green. Gary Washburn of the Globe with the tweet:
Jeff Green said docs were wary of stress test during physical. He attributes it to fatigue. Says he may practice today or tomorrow
Okay then. We will not ask about why he was fatigued and just move along. Nothing to see here.
9:59 am: Jeff Green — who the Celtics just gave a healthy $9 million, but only one year — contract to is not that healthy himself.
He is not practicing with his teammates yet because he didn’t pass his team physical.We do not have a lot of details yet but A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com passes along what we do know.
Jeff Green remains unable to practice with the Boston Celtics after the C’s “found something” in his physical. Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, declined to say what the team discovered that warranted keeping him off the floor.
“We anticipate he’ll be here soon in practice,” Ainge said. “He’s going through the tests again today and tomorrow, and he should be fine.”
Both Ainge and coach Doc Rivers danced around questions about what red flag went up during the physical. Sure, they may be taking something out of the Bill Belichick book of coaching here, but to not say what was found in a preseason physical still is a bit concerning.
Ainge said this in no way jeopardizes Green’s new contract. Clearly this is not just a hangnail, but for now it just is something to monitor. Green is going to be key if the Celtics are going to make a push for banner number 18 this season.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30