Dec 13, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 am: Relax… it was just stress, according to Green. Gary Washburn of the Globe with the tweet:
Jeff Green said docs were wary of stress test during physical. He attributes it to fatigue. Says he may practice today or tomorrow
Okay then. We will not ask about why he was fatigued and just move along. Nothing to see here.
9:59 am: Jeff Green — who the Celtics just gave a healthy $9 million, but only one year — contract to is not that healthy himself.
He is not practicing with his teammates yet because he didn’t pass his team physical.We do not have a lot of details yet but A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com passes along what we do know.
Jeff Green remains unable to practice with the Boston Celtics after the C’s “found something” in his physical. Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, declined to say what the team discovered that warranted keeping him off the floor.
“We anticipate he’ll be here soon in practice,” Ainge said. “He’s going through the tests again today and tomorrow, and he should be fine.”
Both Ainge and coach Doc Rivers danced around questions about what red flag went up during the physical. Sure, they may be taking something out of the Bill Belichick book of coaching here, but to not say what was found in a preseason physical still is a bit concerning.
Ainge said this in no way jeopardizes Green’s new contract. Clearly this is not just a hangnail, but for now it just is something to monitor. Green is going to be key if the Celtics are going to make a push for banner number 18 this season.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11