Dec 12, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
If you read on thing today it should be this: Lakers trainer Gary Vitti talks about dealing with the wear and tear on players bodies of this condensed season.
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is going to run for the Russian presidency.
Here’s another interview where LeBron James says he didn’t like being the bad guy last season, that he played angry, but now he’s back to being himself. This has been his preseason mantra, but we’d like to see a few games before we say he — and the Heat — look any different.
Golden State’s owners have started to have meetings with San Francisco officials about building a new arena in the city, next to AT&T Park (home to the Giants).
Kurt Thomas has signed with the Portland Trail Blazers. Go ahead and scoff that he played pre-World War II, coaches love him. He sets a mean pick and his pick-and-pop skills help space the floor with a second unit.
Roger Mason is officially a member of the Washington Wizards, as expected.
Hamady Ndiaye is back with the Wizards, too.
Carlos Boozer has entered camp 20 pounds lighter this year compared to last, according to the Bulls GM. I always take these numbers with a grain of salt, but if he did show up in better shape that’s a good thing for Chicago.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13