Dec 12, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
If you read on thing today it should be this: Lakers trainer Gary Vitti talks about dealing with the wear and tear on players bodies of this condensed season.
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is going to run for the Russian presidency.
Here’s another interview where LeBron James says he didn’t like being the bad guy last season, that he played angry, but now he’s back to being himself. This has been his preseason mantra, but we’d like to see a few games before we say he — and the Heat — look any different.
Golden State’s owners have started to have meetings with San Francisco officials about building a new arena in the city, next to AT&T Park (home to the Giants).
Kurt Thomas has signed with the Portland Trail Blazers. Go ahead and scoff that he played pre-World War II, coaches love him. He sets a mean pick and his pick-and-pop skills help space the floor with a second unit.
Roger Mason is officially a member of the Washington Wizards, as expected.
Hamady Ndiaye is back with the Wizards, too.
Carlos Boozer has entered camp 20 pounds lighter this year compared to last, according to the Bulls GM. I always take these numbers with a grain of salt, but if he did show up in better shape that’s a good thing for Chicago.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 4
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million