Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
I’m proud to say that we have reached a tentative agreement with my team @memgrizz , can’t wait to get on the court with all my teammates!
Okay, he didn’t really break the news. We told you a days ago that the Grizzlies were going to match the offer sheet for Marc Gasol, and while he flirted with other teams Gasol never really signed the offer sheet. He kept negotiating with the Grizzlies.
This is a four-year, $58 million deal according to the Commercial Appeal.
And this was a must get for the Grizzlies. Gasol is the center that anchors them on both sides of the floor. He gave them 11.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, he can play in the post or shoot from the midrange, is a deft passer, plus is solid on the defensive end. He is the guy in the middle the Grizzlies need if they are going to take the next step in the West. They couldn’t let him go.
Owner Michael Heisley said from the start that they would keep him. They did. Grizzlies fans should celebrate.
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 0
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 1
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 10
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)