Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
I’m proud to say that we have reached a tentative agreement with my team @memgrizz , can’t wait to get on the court with all my teammates!
Okay, he didn’t really break the news. We told you a days ago that the Grizzlies were going to match the offer sheet for Marc Gasol, and while he flirted with other teams Gasol never really signed the offer sheet. He kept negotiating with the Grizzlies.
This is a four-year, $58 million deal according to the Commercial Appeal.
And this was a must get for the Grizzlies. Gasol is the center that anchors them on both sides of the floor. He gave them 11.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, he can play in the post or shoot from the midrange, is a deft passer, plus is solid on the defensive end. He is the guy in the middle the Grizzlies need if they are going to take the next step in the West. They couldn’t let him go.
Owner Michael Heisley said from the start that they would keep him. They did. Grizzlies fans should celebrate.
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 0
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 16
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 29
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 11
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 31