Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
I’m proud to say that we have reached a tentative agreement with my team @memgrizz , can’t wait to get on the court with all my teammates!
Okay, he didn’t really break the news. We told you a days ago that the Grizzlies were going to match the offer sheet for Marc Gasol, and while he flirted with other teams Gasol never really signed the offer sheet. He kept negotiating with the Grizzlies.
This is a four-year, $58 million deal according to the Commercial Appeal.
And this was a must get for the Grizzlies. Gasol is the center that anchors them on both sides of the floor. He gave them 11.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, he can play in the post or shoot from the midrange, is a deft passer, plus is solid on the defensive end. He is the guy in the middle the Grizzlies need if they are going to take the next step in the West. They couldn’t let him go.
Owner Michael Heisley said from the start that they would keep him. They did. Grizzlies fans should celebrate.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 3
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 18
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7