Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
I’m proud to say that we have reached a tentative agreement with my team @memgrizz , can’t wait to get on the court with all my teammates!
Okay, he didn’t really break the news. We told you a days ago that the Grizzlies were going to match the offer sheet for Marc Gasol, and while he flirted with other teams Gasol never really signed the offer sheet. He kept negotiating with the Grizzlies.
This is a four-year, $58 million deal according to the Commercial Appeal.
And this was a must get for the Grizzlies. Gasol is the center that anchors them on both sides of the floor. He gave them 11.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, he can play in the post or shoot from the midrange, is a deft passer, plus is solid on the defensive end. He is the guy in the middle the Grizzlies need if they are going to take the next step in the West. They couldn’t let him go.
Owner Michael Heisley said from the start that they would keep him. They did. Grizzlies fans should celebrate.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3