Dec 12, 2011, 3:53 PM EDT
It sounds a lot worse than it apparently is.
The Knicks say he is day-to-day, which doesn’t sound too serious. But this is a knee, so they probably will be cautious here letting him get back on the court. There are a couple weeks until the start of the season so he should be fine by then. (So long as this really isn’t serious.)
After the practice, ‘Melo said he was fine.
Unlike past seasons, with fewer games and a condensed schedule, a key player like ‘Melo that is out for any team for any extended period will have a bigger impact — more games missed in a season where the games matter more for playoff seedings. The Knicks are hoping this doesn’t linger into the season.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9