Dec 12, 2011, 3:53 PM EDT
It sounds a lot worse than it apparently is.
The Knicks say he is day-to-day, which doesn’t sound too serious. But this is a knee, so they probably will be cautious here letting him get back on the court. There are a couple weeks until the start of the season so he should be fine by then. (So long as this really isn’t serious.)
After the practice, ‘Melo said he was fine.
Unlike past seasons, with fewer games and a condensed schedule, a key player like ‘Melo that is out for any team for any extended period will have a bigger impact — more games missed in a season where the games matter more for playoff seedings. The Knicks are hoping this doesn’t linger into the season.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82