Dec 12, 2011, 3:53 PM EDT
It sounds a lot worse than it apparently is.
The Knicks say he is day-to-day, which doesn’t sound too serious. But this is a knee, so they probably will be cautious here letting him get back on the court. There are a couple weeks until the start of the season so he should be fine by then. (So long as this really isn’t serious.)
After the practice, ‘Melo said he was fine.
Unlike past seasons, with fewer games and a condensed schedule, a key player like ‘Melo that is out for any team for any extended period will have a bigger impact — more games missed in a season where the games matter more for playoff seedings. The Knicks are hoping this doesn’t linger into the season.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19