Dec 12, 2011, 3:53 PM EDT
It sounds a lot worse than it apparently is.
The Knicks say he is day-to-day, which doesn’t sound too serious. But this is a knee, so they probably will be cautious here letting him get back on the court. There are a couple weeks until the start of the season so he should be fine by then. (So long as this really isn’t serious.)
After the practice, ‘Melo said he was fine.
Unlike past seasons, with fewer games and a condensed schedule, a key player like ‘Melo that is out for any team for any extended period will have a bigger impact — more games missed in a season where the games matter more for playoff seedings. The Knicks are hoping this doesn’t linger into the season.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 12
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 63
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30