Dec 12, 2011, 3:53 PM EDT
It sounds a lot worse than it apparently is.
The Knicks say he is day-to-day, which doesn’t sound too serious. But this is a knee, so they probably will be cautious here letting him get back on the court. There are a couple weeks until the start of the season so he should be fine by then. (So long as this really isn’t serious.)
After the practice, ‘Melo said he was fine.
Unlike past seasons, with fewer games and a condensed schedule, a key player like ‘Melo that is out for any team for any extended period will have a bigger impact — more games missed in a season where the games matter more for playoff seedings. The Knicks are hoping this doesn’t linger into the season.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 22
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 71
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 53
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4