Dec 12, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With all due respect to that guy trying to sell you on refinancing your mortgage, this is the biggest no-brainer in the history of mankind.
General manager Gar Forman said the formality of Rose’s five-year, $94 million extension is being finalized with Rose’s agents, Arn Tellem and B.J. Armstrong.
“Derrick is the centerpiece of what we’re putting together here,” Forman said. “We want Derrick to be a Bull for a long, long time. It’s very important that we put the right pieces around Derrick.”
Thanks to the new “Derrick Rose Rule,” Rose will get a larger percentage of the Bulls revenue. Most players can get a max extension to their rookie deal of 25 percent of the salary cap, but if that player has been named MVP (or started to All-Star games) he can get up to 30 percent. Rose was named league MVP last season.
And he’s worth every penny to the Bulls, on the court and at the gate.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50