Dec 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area reports the Warriors are ready to sign Clippers restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet to try and pry him away from the Clippers and find the defensive presence they need. From CSN Bay Area:
The Warriors are poised to sign center DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet worth approximately $40 million over four years, according to multiple sources. The offer is expected to come Sunday.
Jordan, 23, has played the past three seasons for the Los Angeles Clippers and last year averaged 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 25.6 minutes per game.
The Clippers will have three days to decide whether or not to match the offer for Jordan, a restricted free agent, or allow him to go to the Warriors.
The Warriors need a center. They need to amnesty Andris Biedrins and start over with a defensive presence. Jordan’s stats aren’t remarkable but his upside is and in a league that makes it difficult to find a starting center before the age of 27, Jordan is more than serviceable. The only question is if the Clippers will match.
They should match. Not matching sends a dangerous message to Blake Griffin that the Clippers won’t spend to win. It also leaves them with just Chris Kaman who they need to ditch. It’s within the range of what they were prepared to offer. It’s time to see if the Clippers are in a position to move on from being the Clippers or not.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20