Dec 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I think a lot of us thought when Ron Artest announced he was changing his name to Metta World Peace that he was kidding. I mean, no one would actually do that, right? Another crazy Ron Artest thing, like playing in Britain, or being a rapper.
From the Lakers’ official Twitter feed at practice today:
So it’s real.
It’s like a unicorn showed up on the Lakers’ court.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49