Dec 10, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is one of those players that the casual fans say “who?” and GMs around the NBA covet. He is one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league and those are hard to come by.
Denver tried to steal Mbah a Moute out from under Milwaukee with a four-year, $19 million offer, but the Bucks have matched that tweets Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
That should be expected — that is a fair price for a good defensive player. The Bucks are one of the best defensive teams in the league and Mbah a Moute is key to that (he and Andrew Bogut).
The Bucks are one of those teams that with Bogut and Brandon Jennings and a good defense could surprise teams this year. Then maybe more people than just hoop junkies will recognize what Mbah a Moute brings.
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 0
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43