Dec 10, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is one of those players that the casual fans say “who?” and GMs around the NBA covet. He is one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league and those are hard to come by.
Denver tried to steal Mbah a Moute out from under Milwaukee with a four-year, $19 million offer, but the Bucks have matched that tweets Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
That should be expected — that is a fair price for a good defensive player. The Bucks are one of the best defensive teams in the league and Mbah a Moute is key to that (he and Andrew Bogut).
The Bucks are one of those teams that with Bogut and Brandon Jennings and a good defense could surprise teams this year. Then maybe more people than just hoop junkies will recognize what Mbah a Moute brings.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 6
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10