Dec 10, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is one of those players that the casual fans say “who?” and GMs around the NBA covet. He is one of the elite perimeter defenders in the league and those are hard to come by.
Denver tried to steal Mbah a Moute out from under Milwaukee with a four-year, $19 million offer, but the Bucks have matched that tweets Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel.
That should be expected — that is a fair price for a good defensive player. The Bucks are one of the best defensive teams in the league and Mbah a Moute is key to that (he and Andrew Bogut).
The Bucks are one of those teams that with Bogut and Brandon Jennings and a good defense could surprise teams this year. Then maybe more people than just hoop junkies will recognize what Mbah a Moute brings.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8