Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
Breaking: Blazers determine center Greg Oden has suffered setback, and restructure his one-year deal for a lesser amount…
…But the Blazers, who didn’t comment Thursday after his appointment, determined that he is less likely to return to the court this season.
Ugh. Looks like another year lost for the former phenom and 2007 #1 pick. Hopefully, someday, Oden will get healthy and have an NBA career instead of going the way of fellow #1 pick Yao Ming and fellow teammate Brandon Roy and being forced to retire early, but at this point, that seems to be very much in question, even though Oden is still only 23 years old.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 10
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 13
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 21
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18