Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
Breaking: Blazers determine center Greg Oden has suffered setback, and restructure his one-year deal for a lesser amount…
…But the Blazers, who didn’t comment Thursday after his appointment, determined that he is less likely to return to the court this season.
Ugh. Looks like another year lost for the former phenom and 2007 #1 pick. Hopefully, someday, Oden will get healthy and have an NBA career instead of going the way of fellow #1 pick Yao Ming and fellow teammate Brandon Roy and being forced to retire early, but at this point, that seems to be very much in question, even though Oden is still only 23 years old.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 0
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 3
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 4
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19