Dec 9, 2011, 7:04 PM EDT
According to Fagan, Young will have a player option for the 5th year of his deal. The 23-year old Young, who was a lottery pick in 2007, played in all 82 games for the 76ers last season, and came off the bench in all but one of them. In those 82 games, Young averaged 12.7 points per game while shooting a career-high mark of 54.1% from the field, and his 5.3 rebounds per game were also a career-high. Young is a part of the 76ers’ promising youth movement, and his versatility, energy, length, and athleticism were things the 76ers were clearly unwilling to part with this off-season.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 0
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 2
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9