Dec 8, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Eddy Curry is about to sign a deal with the Heat. So, you can just start sizing them all for championship rings right now. (Actually, this is certainly a make-good contract for camp.)
how u? Roger Mason is likely to sign with the Wizards.
Jamal Magloire is about to sign with the Toronto Raptors (which would make him the first ever Canadian born Raptor).
John Wall says the Wizards’ goal is to make the playoffs this year.
After all the talk and meetings, maybe the Nuggets end up with Nene.
You want to know why all the star free agents gravitate towards the big markets? Check out the NBA television broadcast schedule.
Check out the Wizards’ new court. I like it.
A closer look at the back-to-back-to-backs (or, stop your whining).
One thing not in the new NBA labor deal — testing for human growth hormone (although it could be approved later). Not sure it’s a big problem in the NBA, but shouldn’t there be testing for it?
Speaking of human growth, the Celtics appear to be inviting Mike Sweetney to training camp.
There are things to like about Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley. He’s up front, for one.
The Associated Press has settled a lawsuit with NBA referee Bill Spooner for $20,000, after Spooner sued because an AP writer said he made a make-up call in an NBA game. The AP writer may have misheard the one conversation in question. But make no mistake, NBA refs do makeup calls all the time.
What was it like to cover the NBA lockout on stake out in New York? Howard Beck of the New York Times tells you.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16