Dec 8, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Eddy Curry is about to sign a deal with the Heat. So, you can just start sizing them all for championship rings right now. (Actually, this is certainly a make-good contract for camp.)
how u? Roger Mason is likely to sign with the Wizards.
Jamal Magloire is about to sign with the Toronto Raptors (which would make him the first ever Canadian born Raptor).
John Wall says the Wizards’ goal is to make the playoffs this year.
After all the talk and meetings, maybe the Nuggets end up with Nene.
You want to know why all the star free agents gravitate towards the big markets? Check out the NBA television broadcast schedule.
Check out the Wizards’ new court. I like it.
A closer look at the back-to-back-to-backs (or, stop your whining).
One thing not in the new NBA labor deal — testing for human growth hormone (although it could be approved later). Not sure it’s a big problem in the NBA, but shouldn’t there be testing for it?
Speaking of human growth, the Celtics appear to be inviting Mike Sweetney to training camp.
There are things to like about Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley. He’s up front, for one.
The Associated Press has settled a lawsuit with NBA referee Bill Spooner for $20,000, after Spooner sued because an AP writer said he made a make-up call in an NBA game. The AP writer may have misheard the one conversation in question. But make no mistake, NBA refs do makeup calls all the time.
What was it like to cover the NBA lockout on stake out in New York? Howard Beck of the New York Times tells you.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20