Dec 8, 2011, 11:16 AM EST
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Eddy Curry is about to sign a deal with the Heat. So, you can just start sizing them all for championship rings right now. (Actually, this is certainly a make-good contract for camp.)
how u? Roger Mason is likely to sign with the Wizards.
Jamal Magloire is about to sign with the Toronto Raptors (which would make him the first ever Canadian born Raptor).
John Wall says the Wizards’ goal is to make the playoffs this year.
After all the talk and meetings, maybe the Nuggets end up with Nene.
You want to know why all the star free agents gravitate towards the big markets? Check out the NBA television broadcast schedule.
Check out the Wizards’ new court. I like it.
A closer look at the back-to-back-to-backs (or, stop your whining).
One thing not in the new NBA labor deal — testing for human growth hormone (although it could be approved later). Not sure it’s a big problem in the NBA, but shouldn’t there be testing for it?
Speaking of human growth, the Celtics appear to be inviting Mike Sweetney to training camp.
There are things to like about Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley. He’s up front, for one.
The Associated Press has settled a lawsuit with NBA referee Bill Spooner for $20,000, after Spooner sued because an AP writer said he made a make-up call in an NBA game. The AP writer may have misheard the one conversation in question. But make no mistake, NBA refs do makeup calls all the time.
What was it like to cover the NBA lockout on stake out in New York? Howard Beck of the New York Times tells you.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30