Dec 8, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
UPDATE (7:33 p.m. ET): According to yet another tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the three-team deal has been completed in principle. The Hornets will also receive an undisclosed draft pick in the deal.
UPDATE (6:31 p.m. ET): Wojnarowski is now reporting that this will be a three-team trade involving the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets. Chris Paul goes to L.A., Pau Gasol goes to Houston, and New Orleans gets Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola. The deal is not yet finalized, but a front office executive told Wojnarowski “we are close.”
UPDATE (6:11 p.m. ET): The corrected report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports says that Chris Paul is headed to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. All that means is that Andrew Bynum is still available to be dealt to Orlando as part of a potential deal to get Dwight Howard, so, you know, no big deal.
Chris Paul may be on his way to the Lakers in what will be a blockbuster deal sending Andrew Bynum to the big easy.
Here is the deal reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports.
That deal makes more sense for the Hornets if they send Emeka Okafor west to the Lakers as well, removing a big salary (and giving the Lakers a big to replace the two they are sending out). There may be smaller parts such as Trevor Ariza and others involved.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5