Dec 8, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
UPDATE (7:33 p.m. ET): According to yet another tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the three-team deal has been completed in principle. The Hornets will also receive an undisclosed draft pick in the deal.
UPDATE (6:31 p.m. ET): Wojnarowski is now reporting that this will be a three-team trade involving the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets. Chris Paul goes to L.A., Pau Gasol goes to Houston, and New Orleans gets Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola. The deal is not yet finalized, but a front office executive told Wojnarowski “we are close.”
UPDATE (6:11 p.m. ET): The corrected report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports says that Chris Paul is headed to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. All that means is that Andrew Bynum is still available to be dealt to Orlando as part of a potential deal to get Dwight Howard, so, you know, no big deal.
Chris Paul may be on his way to the Lakers in what will be a blockbuster deal sending Andrew Bynum to the big easy.
Here is the deal reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports.
That deal makes more sense for the Hornets if they send Emeka Okafor west to the Lakers as well, removing a big salary (and giving the Lakers a big to replace the two they are sending out). There may be smaller parts such as Trevor Ariza and others involved.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17