Dec 8, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
You like the Lakers. You really like them.
We can tell because you actually pushed the “like” button on Facebook for the Lakers more than any other team in professional sports, reports Yahoo Sports.
The Los Angeles Lakers quietly became the first American sports franchise to accumulate 11 million Facebook fans. Bryant’s team isn’t just tops among NBA teams; Hollywood’s favorite basketball squad leads all North American sports franchises when it comes to the social network.
The Lakers actually rank fourth worldwide, trailing European soccer powers Manchester United, Real Madrid and the king of Facebook, FC Barcelona, which has 23,128,028 fans.
The Lakers have nearly double the Facebook fans of the Boston Celtics, who are second in the NBA.
Who knows? This is Facebook, where Farmville because a hit. There is no telling what people will like.
But it shows you the international power of the Lakers brand.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20