Dec 8, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
You like the Lakers. You really like them.
We can tell because you actually pushed the “like” button on Facebook for the Lakers more than any other team in professional sports, reports Yahoo Sports.
The Los Angeles Lakers quietly became the first American sports franchise to accumulate 11 million Facebook fans. Bryant’s team isn’t just tops among NBA teams; Hollywood’s favorite basketball squad leads all North American sports franchises when it comes to the social network.
The Lakers actually rank fourth worldwide, trailing European soccer powers Manchester United, Real Madrid and the king of Facebook, FC Barcelona, which has 23,128,028 fans.
The Lakers have nearly double the Facebook fans of the Boston Celtics, who are second in the NBA.
Who knows? This is Facebook, where Farmville because a hit. There is no telling what people will like.
But it shows you the international power of the Lakers brand.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18