Dec 8, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
You like the Lakers. You really like them.
We can tell because you actually pushed the “like” button on Facebook for the Lakers more than any other team in professional sports, reports Yahoo Sports.
The Los Angeles Lakers quietly became the first American sports franchise to accumulate 11 million Facebook fans. Bryant’s team isn’t just tops among NBA teams; Hollywood’s favorite basketball squad leads all North American sports franchises when it comes to the social network.
The Lakers actually rank fourth worldwide, trailing European soccer powers Manchester United, Real Madrid and the king of Facebook, FC Barcelona, which has 23,128,028 fans.
The Lakers have nearly double the Facebook fans of the Boston Celtics, who are second in the NBA.
Who knows? This is Facebook, where Farmville because a hit. There is no telling what people will like.
But it shows you the international power of the Lakers brand.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33