Dec 8, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
You like the Lakers. You really like them.
We can tell because you actually pushed the “like” button on Facebook for the Lakers more than any other team in professional sports, reports Yahoo Sports.
The Los Angeles Lakers quietly became the first American sports franchise to accumulate 11 million Facebook fans. Bryant’s team isn’t just tops among NBA teams; Hollywood’s favorite basketball squad leads all North American sports franchises when it comes to the social network.
The Lakers actually rank fourth worldwide, trailing European soccer powers Manchester United, Real Madrid and the king of Facebook, FC Barcelona, which has 23,128,028 fans.
The Lakers have nearly double the Facebook fans of the Boston Celtics, who are second in the NBA.
Who knows? This is Facebook, where Farmville because a hit. There is no telling what people will like.
But it shows you the international power of the Lakers brand.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11