Dec 8, 2011, 10:07 AM EDT
“It’s not 100 percent done, but he’s leaning,’’ one source said.
The Bulls and San Antonio also are in the mix, according to Sports Illustrated.
The reality is the Knicks think they have him and the Suns think they have him and the only person that knows the answer is Grant Hill himself (and probably his wife). And right now he’s not talking.
8:11 am: Wednesday, the report was Grant Hill was leaning toward taking is talents and family east to be part of what the Knicks are building. Which meant leaving the warm and comfortable life of Phoenix.
As for Grant Hill, he was at the arena working out again today. Despite reports elsewhere, those who know him still believe he will re-sign.
By working out, we mean at the Suns facilities in Phoenix.
As we said before, Hill has a choice to make. Part of it is about basketball — the Knicks are the more exciting, up-and-coming team, while the Suns have Steve Nash and a system (and training staff) that have worked for Hill. The bigger issue may be family lifestyle — does he want to take his elementary school age children out of suburban Phoenix to live in NYC (or its burbs)? His wife, a recording artist, will have a say.
In the end, the question is what does Grant Hill really want? That may well be the comfort of the Valley of the Sun.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?