Dec 8, 2011, 10:07 AM EDT
“It’s not 100 percent done, but he’s leaning,’’ one source said.
The Bulls and San Antonio also are in the mix, according to Sports Illustrated.
The reality is the Knicks think they have him and the Suns think they have him and the only person that knows the answer is Grant Hill himself (and probably his wife). And right now he’s not talking.
8:11 am: Wednesday, the report was Grant Hill was leaning toward taking is talents and family east to be part of what the Knicks are building. Which meant leaving the warm and comfortable life of Phoenix.
As for Grant Hill, he was at the arena working out again today. Despite reports elsewhere, those who know him still believe he will re-sign.
By working out, we mean at the Suns facilities in Phoenix.
As we said before, Hill has a choice to make. Part of it is about basketball — the Knicks are the more exciting, up-and-coming team, while the Suns have Steve Nash and a system (and training staff) that have worked for Hill. The bigger issue may be family lifestyle — does he want to take his elementary school age children out of suburban Phoenix to live in NYC (or its burbs)? His wife, a recording artist, will have a say.
In the end, the question is what does Grant Hill really want? That may well be the comfort of the Valley of the Sun.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 11
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 9
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13