Dec 7, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Jersey Strong. Brooklyn Ready.
That is your new Nets slogan for this season, the team’s last in the swamps of Jersey. Please don’t ask us to explain it.
To the right, you see the new logo, celebrating 35 years of history in the state they are deserting (with nice ABA ball touch to recall the franchise’s start). Well done, leaving Jersey with the same style you’ve become famous for.
The New York Times has quotes from the Nets about this.
“It will be our farewell moniker,” said Fred Mangione, the team’s chief marketing officer. “As we go out, we want to go out the right way.”
The team got league approval to put the logo on the players’ uniforms. It will also be on the court at Prudential Center and, of course, on a blizzard of merchandise. On opening night, the logo will appear on a magnetic team schedule and Deron Williams No. 8 replica Nets jersey that fans will receive.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18