Dec 7, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Jersey Strong. Brooklyn Ready.
That is your new Nets slogan for this season, the team’s last in the swamps of Jersey. Please don’t ask us to explain it.
To the right, you see the new logo, celebrating 35 years of history in the state they are deserting (with nice ABA ball touch to recall the franchise’s start). Well done, leaving Jersey with the same style you’ve become famous for.
The New York Times has quotes from the Nets about this.
“It will be our farewell moniker,” said Fred Mangione, the team’s chief marketing officer. “As we go out, we want to go out the right way.”
The team got league approval to put the logo on the players’ uniforms. It will also be on the court at Prudential Center and, of course, on a blizzard of merchandise. On opening night, the logo will appear on a magnetic team schedule and Deron Williams No. 8 replica Nets jersey that fans will receive.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85