Dec 7, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Another guy who was thought to be a certain amnesty candidate is going to be with his team for a while.
Miami was expected to amnesty Mike Miller — who is coming off an injury plagued season and now has had a hernia surgery that will cause him to miss the start of the season — if they needed his salary slot for another player. But after looking around at the market and what they can get, it looks like Miami will give Miller another chance.
Miller seemed to hint at that after speaking to the Heat leadership this week, saying he felt much more solid. Then there is this note from the New York Post.
According to a source, the Heat have decided against using the new clause on Miller, despite his most recent surgery.
When healthy Miller is a good fit for what the Heat want to do. He is a stretch-the-floor shooter with a quick release, is long and a good rebounder for his position, plus is a solid team defender. On paper he should play very well along side LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. But that paper isn’t injured all the time.
For now, Miller gets another chance, and with the new amnesty rules it means he will be with the team all season. Next year we will go through this again.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 20
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record