Dec 7, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade will take on your villain role as a member of the Miami Heat. Bring it on.
But in the process he will stick up for his teammates.
Wade said LeBron was being honest and that was not how the Heat were going to win two more games next season anyway (that’s how many games they fell short of an NBA title).
“I said, ‘Let me look like the mean one. You play the way you play,’ ” Wade related. “We did talk about that. We were on vacation we talked about that. We didn’t run away from losing the Finals. We looked at it and said, ‘Why did we lose? How did we lose? What can we do different? How can we be better as leaders?’
“And the one thing I kind of wanted for LeBron is to get back to being LeBron, and not trying to be somebody that everybody wanted him to be, in a sense. He seems to understand that, as well.”
Wade also defended the play of Chris Bosh, who Wade said got overshadowed and people missed what he contributed in the playoffs.
“I think he was the most consistent out of all of us, if you want to say, from each round,” he said. “I mean, I had a terrible Chicago series and LeBron didn’t have a so-hot Dallas series. Chris was kind of stable through every round, played real well.”
The question in Miami is not the big three, but who is going to be around them and will that be enough. Mike Miller will be back, eventually, and Udonis Haslem returns. But who else they bring in could be key to those last two wins.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43