Dec 7, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade will take on your villain role as a member of the Miami Heat. Bring it on.
But in the process he will stick up for his teammates.
Wade said LeBron was being honest and that was not how the Heat were going to win two more games next season anyway (that’s how many games they fell short of an NBA title).
“I said, ‘Let me look like the mean one. You play the way you play,’ ” Wade related. “We did talk about that. We were on vacation we talked about that. We didn’t run away from losing the Finals. We looked at it and said, ‘Why did we lose? How did we lose? What can we do different? How can we be better as leaders?’
“And the one thing I kind of wanted for LeBron is to get back to being LeBron, and not trying to be somebody that everybody wanted him to be, in a sense. He seems to understand that, as well.”
Wade also defended the play of Chris Bosh, who Wade said got overshadowed and people missed what he contributed in the playoffs.
“I think he was the most consistent out of all of us, if you want to say, from each round,” he said. “I mean, I had a terrible Chicago series and LeBron didn’t have a so-hot Dallas series. Chris was kind of stable through every round, played real well.”
The question in Miami is not the big three, but who is going to be around them and will that be enough. Mike Miller will be back, eventually, and Udonis Haslem returns. But who else they bring in could be key to those last two wins.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49