Dec 7, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade will take on your villain role as a member of the Miami Heat. Bring it on.
But in the process he will stick up for his teammates.
Wade said LeBron was being honest and that was not how the Heat were going to win two more games next season anyway (that’s how many games they fell short of an NBA title).
“I said, ‘Let me look like the mean one. You play the way you play,’ ” Wade related. “We did talk about that. We were on vacation we talked about that. We didn’t run away from losing the Finals. We looked at it and said, ‘Why did we lose? How did we lose? What can we do different? How can we be better as leaders?’
“And the one thing I kind of wanted for LeBron is to get back to being LeBron, and not trying to be somebody that everybody wanted him to be, in a sense. He seems to understand that, as well.”
Wade also defended the play of Chris Bosh, who Wade said got overshadowed and people missed what he contributed in the playoffs.
“I think he was the most consistent out of all of us, if you want to say, from each round,” he said. “I mean, I had a terrible Chicago series and LeBron didn’t have a so-hot Dallas series. Chris was kind of stable through every round, played real well.”
The question in Miami is not the big three, but who is going to be around them and will that be enough. Mike Miller will be back, eventually, and Udonis Haslem returns. But who else they bring in could be key to those last two wins.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11