Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls need a two guard who can create his own shot to really round out their team (and take some pressure off Derrick Rose).
They may be close to landing the best two guard on the market right now — Jamal Crawford.
The Hawks spark plug off the bench is a free agent and has drawn interest from a lot of teams — the Nets, Hornets, Heat, Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Magic and Blazers — but the Bulls may be the most intriguing offer, reports CSNChicago.com.
They pass along a tweet from Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld saying Chicago is trying to do a sign-and-trade based around Ronnie Brewer. The Bulls are going to have to give up more than that but as CSN points out the fit is good.
A couple of things that Crawford brings to the table is his ability to create his own shot and he’s capable of knocking down a few three pointers a game. Those are both two key areas that the Bulls struggled at least season from the two-guard position.
Also from Hoopsworld, Alex Kennedy tweets the Magic want to get in on the sign-and-trade for Crawford deal. If course they do, although we’re not sure Crawford would be enough to convince Dwight Howard to stay. Not really sure that J.J. Redick is enough to get a deal done.
Everyone seems to agree that if Crawford is signed as a straight free agent the Hornets are the front runners, although how a Chris Paul trade impacts that remains to be seen.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30