Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Bulls need a two guard who can create his own shot to really round out their team (and take some pressure off Derrick Rose).
They may be close to landing the best two guard on the market right now — Jamal Crawford.
The Hawks spark plug off the bench is a free agent and has drawn interest from a lot of teams — the Nets, Hornets, Heat, Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Magic and Blazers — but the Bulls may be the most intriguing offer, reports CSNChicago.com.
They pass along a tweet from Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld saying Chicago is trying to do a sign-and-trade based around Ronnie Brewer. The Bulls are going to have to give up more than that but as CSN points out the fit is good.
A couple of things that Crawford brings to the table is his ability to create his own shot and he’s capable of knocking down a few three pointers a game. Those are both two key areas that the Bulls struggled at least season from the two-guard position.
Also from Hoopsworld, Alex Kennedy tweets the Magic want to get in on the sign-and-trade for Crawford deal. If course they do, although we’re not sure Crawford would be enough to convince Dwight Howard to stay. Not really sure that J.J. Redick is enough to get a deal done.
Everyone seems to agree that if Crawford is signed as a straight free agent the Hornets are the front runners, although how a Chris Paul trade impacts that remains to be seen.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9