Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls need a two guard who can create his own shot to really round out their team (and take some pressure off Derrick Rose).
They may be close to landing the best two guard on the market right now — Jamal Crawford.
The Hawks spark plug off the bench is a free agent and has drawn interest from a lot of teams — the Nets, Hornets, Heat, Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Magic and Blazers — but the Bulls may be the most intriguing offer, reports CSNChicago.com.
They pass along a tweet from Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld saying Chicago is trying to do a sign-and-trade based around Ronnie Brewer. The Bulls are going to have to give up more than that but as CSN points out the fit is good.
A couple of things that Crawford brings to the table is his ability to create his own shot and he’s capable of knocking down a few three pointers a game. Those are both two key areas that the Bulls struggled at least season from the two-guard position.
Also from Hoopsworld, Alex Kennedy tweets the Magic want to get in on the sign-and-trade for Crawford deal. If course they do, although we’re not sure Crawford would be enough to convince Dwight Howard to stay. Not really sure that J.J. Redick is enough to get a deal done.
Everyone seems to agree that if Crawford is signed as a straight free agent the Hornets are the front runners, although how a Chris Paul trade impacts that remains to be seen.
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 0
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)