Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Bulls need a two guard who can create his own shot to really round out their team (and take some pressure off Derrick Rose).
They may be close to landing the best two guard on the market right now — Jamal Crawford.
The Hawks spark plug off the bench is a free agent and has drawn interest from a lot of teams — the Nets, Hornets, Heat, Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Magic and Blazers — but the Bulls may be the most intriguing offer, reports CSNChicago.com.
They pass along a tweet from Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld saying Chicago is trying to do a sign-and-trade based around Ronnie Brewer. The Bulls are going to have to give up more than that but as CSN points out the fit is good.
A couple of things that Crawford brings to the table is his ability to create his own shot and he’s capable of knocking down a few three pointers a game. Those are both two key areas that the Bulls struggled at least season from the two-guard position.
Also from Hoopsworld, Alex Kennedy tweets the Magic want to get in on the sign-and-trade for Crawford deal. If course they do, although we’re not sure Crawford would be enough to convince Dwight Howard to stay. Not really sure that J.J. Redick is enough to get a deal done.
Everyone seems to agree that if Crawford is signed as a straight free agent the Hornets are the front runners, although how a Chris Paul trade impacts that remains to be seen.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85