Dec 6, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories that are not their own post here at PBT.
Travis Outlaw had surgery on his hand this summer after a boxing injury (he hit a heavy bag and broke it). That was eight weeks ago and things are supposed to be healed, but the Nets doctors would like to take a look at it just to be sure. (It’s not like it can hurt his shooting percentage from last season.)
Doc Rivers is struggling with the same issue every NBA coach is right now — what is the right amount of practice during this truncated season?
Great look at the crossroads where the Clippers stand, by Zach Lowe at Sports Illustrated.
Wilson Chandler and J.R. Smith are looking for was to get out of their Chinese contracts. They signed there knowing the league was not going to give NBA outs, had to know this was the risk.
Here is a scout’s take on the North Carolina vs. Kentucky game from this weekend. Yes, everyone came away liking Michael Kidd-Gilchrist a little bit more.
Don’t expect the Wizards to be making any big moves in free agency.
This summer we ran a lot of video at this site from Hoopmixtape.com and BallisLife.com. But video of NBA players at pro/ams is not where those Web sites are changing basketball.
Mark Price is the new shooting coach in Orlando.
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski makes a couple interesting points about the upcoming season.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 3
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 29
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6