Dec 6, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories that are not their own post here at PBT.
Travis Outlaw had surgery on his hand this summer after a boxing injury (he hit a heavy bag and broke it). That was eight weeks ago and things are supposed to be healed, but the Nets doctors would like to take a look at it just to be sure. (It’s not like it can hurt his shooting percentage from last season.)
Doc Rivers is struggling with the same issue every NBA coach is right now — what is the right amount of practice during this truncated season?
Great look at the crossroads where the Clippers stand, by Zach Lowe at Sports Illustrated.
Wilson Chandler and J.R. Smith are looking for was to get out of their Chinese contracts. They signed there knowing the league was not going to give NBA outs, had to know this was the risk.
Here is a scout’s take on the North Carolina vs. Kentucky game from this weekend. Yes, everyone came away liking Michael Kidd-Gilchrist a little bit more.
Don’t expect the Wizards to be making any big moves in free agency.
This summer we ran a lot of video at this site from Hoopmixtape.com and BallisLife.com. But video of NBA players at pro/ams is not where those Web sites are changing basketball.
Mark Price is the new shooting coach in Orlando.
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski makes a couple interesting points about the upcoming season.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20