Dec 6, 2011, 1:44 AM EDT
I don’t think there were many ideas that would make Sixers fans long for the return of Hip Hop.
If you forgot, Hip Hop was the Sixers mascot that nobody really liked. So much so that after polling season ticket holders about the game-day experience the new Philadelphia owners axed him.
But they commissioned new guys (including Jim Henson’s studio) and the stuff to the right are your three options.
I’ll let CSNPhilly.com describe it for you.
The Sixers unveiled their new choices for mascot on Monday and the trio features cartoonish versions of Ben Franklin (Big Ben), a dog (B. Franklin Dogg) and a moose (Phil E. Moose). Yes, a moose in Philadelphia. All three of the characters sport Sixers attire with B. Franklin Dogg even donning a Liberty Bell shaped hat with a 76ers logo.
I don’t love the Dogg or Moose, but I really do not get Big Ben. First off, “a penny saved is a penny earned” does not apply to NBA owners or players. Second, bald fat guys can be found in NBA media seating, not on the court.
But, whatever makes Philly happy. Although does anything make Philly fans happy? Is “none of the above” really the worst choice here?
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14