Dec 6, 2011, 1:44 AM EDT
I don’t think there were many ideas that would make Sixers fans long for the return of Hip Hop.
If you forgot, Hip Hop was the Sixers mascot that nobody really liked. So much so that after polling season ticket holders about the game-day experience the new Philadelphia owners axed him.
But they commissioned new guys (including Jim Henson’s studio) and the stuff to the right are your three options.
I’ll let CSNPhilly.com describe it for you.
The Sixers unveiled their new choices for mascot on Monday and the trio features cartoonish versions of Ben Franklin (Big Ben), a dog (B. Franklin Dogg) and a moose (Phil E. Moose). Yes, a moose in Philadelphia. All three of the characters sport Sixers attire with B. Franklin Dogg even donning a Liberty Bell shaped hat with a 76ers logo.
I don’t love the Dogg or Moose, but I really do not get Big Ben. First off, “a penny saved is a penny earned” does not apply to NBA owners or players. Second, bald fat guys can be found in NBA media seating, not on the court.
But, whatever makes Philly happy. Although does anything make Philly fans happy? Is “none of the above” really the worst choice here?
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 8
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 29
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 28
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 64
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 39