Dec 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is on his way to Miami for the opening of training camp in what will be an interesting year for him and the Heat:
What did they learn and how did they grow after last season?
LeBron was candid in an interview with ESPN Tuesday, including saying he did not like being everybody’s bad guy last year (transcription by Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel).
“To be on the other side, they call it the dark side, or the villain, whatever they call it, it was definitely challenging for myself,” he said in an interview with ESPN. “It basically turned me into somebody I wasn’t. Me, personally, I’m not that guy.”
LeBron also agreed that he did not play well enough down the stretch in the finals.
“I didn’t make enough game-changing plays,” he said. “I just know I didn’t play well. I could have played down the stretch better.”
The question is, do the Heat learn and grow from that experience?
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 0
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6