Dec 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
LeBron James is on his way to Miami for the opening of training camp in what will be an interesting year for him and the Heat:
What did they learn and how did they grow after last season?
LeBron was candid in an interview with ESPN Tuesday, including saying he did not like being everybody’s bad guy last year (transcription by Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel).
“To be on the other side, they call it the dark side, or the villain, whatever they call it, it was definitely challenging for myself,” he said in an interview with ESPN. “It basically turned me into somebody I wasn’t. Me, personally, I’m not that guy.”
LeBron also agreed that he did not play well enough down the stretch in the finals.
“I didn’t make enough game-changing plays,” he said. “I just know I didn’t play well. I could have played down the stretch better.”
The question is, do the Heat learn and grow from that experience?
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7