Dec 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is on his way to Miami for the opening of training camp in what will be an interesting year for him and the Heat:
What did they learn and how did they grow after last season?
LeBron was candid in an interview with ESPN Tuesday, including saying he did not like being everybody’s bad guy last year (transcription by Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel).
“To be on the other side, they call it the dark side, or the villain, whatever they call it, it was definitely challenging for myself,” he said in an interview with ESPN. “It basically turned me into somebody I wasn’t. Me, personally, I’m not that guy.”
LeBron also agreed that he did not play well enough down the stretch in the finals.
“I didn’t make enough game-changing plays,” he said. “I just know I didn’t play well. I could have played down the stretch better.”
The question is, do the Heat learn and grow from that experience?
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona