Dec 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Antoine Walker will not be going to prison, but he may now be going to Idaho of the D-League.
Walker was given five years probation in a Las Vegas courtroom Tuesday for failure to pay gambling debts. As part of the deal, he promised to pay the three casinos back the $770,050 he owes them.
Walker did not talk upon leaving the courtroom. He had a gambling problem that caused him to file bankruptcy last year.
Most fans remember Walker from his days as an All-Star with the Celtics. He played with the Idaho Stampede of the D-League last season and is expected to return to the side for much of this campaign.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18