Dec 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Antoine Walker will not be going to prison, but he may now be going to Idaho of the D-League.
Walker was given five years probation in a Las Vegas courtroom Tuesday for failure to pay gambling debts. As part of the deal, he promised to pay the three casinos back the $770,050 he owes them.
Walker did not talk upon leaving the courtroom. He had a gambling problem that caused him to file bankruptcy last year.
Most fans remember Walker from his days as an All-Star with the Celtics. He played with the Idaho Stampede of the D-League last season and is expected to return to the side for much of this campaign.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30