Dec 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Antoine Walker will not be going to prison, but he may now be going to Idaho of the D-League.
Walker was given five years probation in a Las Vegas courtroom Tuesday for failure to pay gambling debts. As part of the deal, he promised to pay the three casinos back the $770,050 he owes them.
Walker did not talk upon leaving the courtroom. He had a gambling problem that caused him to file bankruptcy last year.
Most fans remember Walker from his days as an All-Star with the Celtics. He played with the Idaho Stampede of the D-League last season and is expected to return to the side for much of this campaign.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 40
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 29
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33