Dec 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Antoine Walker will not be going to prison, but he may now be going to Idaho of the D-League.
Walker was given five years probation in a Las Vegas courtroom Tuesday for failure to pay gambling debts. As part of the deal, he promised to pay the three casinos back the $770,050 he owes them.
Walker did not talk upon leaving the courtroom. He had a gambling problem that caused him to file bankruptcy last year.
Most fans remember Walker from his days as an All-Star with the Celtics. He played with the Idaho Stampede of the D-League last season and is expected to return to the side for much of this campaign.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32