Dec 5, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
Like the Chicago Bulls. Because who doesn’t want to play with Derrick Rose.
In the same article where Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski says the Lakers may be the frontrunners, he says the Bulls are in the mix.
What’s more, the Chicago Bulls are still a sleeper for Howard, several league executives believe. “Chicago may tell Orlando to take any two players – or three – besides Rose,” one GM said. Howard isn’t keen on the cold weather, but the Bulls would have the best point guard-center combination since Magic and Kareem.
The Bulls have Omar Asik developing fast as a potential replacement for Joakim Noah should the Bulls include Noah in a package. Noah would have to be a part of it, but would a combination of Noah and Luol Deng or Carlos Boozer – bringing back Howard and one of those bad Orlando contracts – be enough?
Normally you wouldn’t want to break up the core of a young team that went to the Eastern Conference finals last season, but Howard is the exception that would have me blowing up the Bulls. Rose and Howard, likely with Boozer (if I were Orlando I’d want Deng and Noah) would be a force that would make Chicago serious contenders for the next decade.
Orlando isn’t ready to make the trade yet, they want to find a way to keep Howard, it’s just hard to see how they do that with their current expensive but unimpressive roster. But if they decide to deal, the Bulls will get a look.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record