Dec 5, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
But the smart money says Oden was never leaving Portland, and Marc Spears at Yahoo is reporting he is about to take his $8.8 million option for this season and then test the market next summer.
Oden missed last season after having microfracture surgery on his left knee in November. The 23-year-old hasn’t played since December 2009 when he needed surgery to repair a fractured left kneecap. He was averaging 11.7 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks at the time of injury.
Oden’s body has betrayed him and he has played 82 games in four seasons. He is not expected back this season until January at the earliest.
But it shows you how in demand big men who can defend and rebound are that there is still demand for him out there.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 17
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 18
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30