Dec 5, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
If we didn’t know better, we would think Carmelo Anthony slipped the NBA schedule maker a nice tip.
Because ‘Melo and his New York Knicks will not be traveling to Denver this season to have boos rain down on them, reports Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Each team will play only 18 games against the other conference this season — three teams twice (once in each building) and six other teams only once. The Knicks will play the Nuggets but only at Madison Square Garden. Where they do not boo ‘Melo. Yet.
You might remember a little situation last year when ‘Melo forced his way out of Denver to go to NYC. I feel comfortable saying that come the 2012-13 game when the Knicks head to Denver there will still be some residual feelings and he will get booed. But this year he gets a repreive.
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 0
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 21
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 10
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (52)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)