Dec 5, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
If we didn’t know better, we would think Carmelo Anthony slipped the NBA schedule maker a nice tip.
Because ‘Melo and his New York Knicks will not be traveling to Denver this season to have boos rain down on them, reports Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Each team will play only 18 games against the other conference this season — three teams twice (once in each building) and six other teams only once. The Knicks will play the Nuggets but only at Madison Square Garden. Where they do not boo ‘Melo. Yet.
You might remember a little situation last year when ‘Melo forced his way out of Denver to go to NYC. I feel comfortable saying that come the 2012-13 game when the Knicks head to Denver there will still be some residual feelings and he will get booed. But this year he gets a repreive.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18