Dec 5, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
If we didn’t know better, we would think Carmelo Anthony slipped the NBA schedule maker a nice tip.
Because ‘Melo and his New York Knicks will not be traveling to Denver this season to have boos rain down on them, reports Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Each team will play only 18 games against the other conference this season — three teams twice (once in each building) and six other teams only once. The Knicks will play the Nuggets but only at Madison Square Garden. Where they do not boo ‘Melo. Yet.
You might remember a little situation last year when ‘Melo forced his way out of Denver to go to NYC. I feel comfortable saying that come the 2012-13 game when the Knicks head to Denver there will still be some residual feelings and he will get booed. But this year he gets a repreive.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8