Dec 5, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
If we didn’t know better, we would think Carmelo Anthony slipped the NBA schedule maker a nice tip.
Because ‘Melo and his New York Knicks will not be traveling to Denver this season to have boos rain down on them, reports Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Each team will play only 18 games against the other conference this season — three teams twice (once in each building) and six other teams only once. The Knicks will play the Nuggets but only at Madison Square Garden. Where they do not boo ‘Melo. Yet.
You might remember a little situation last year when ‘Melo forced his way out of Denver to go to NYC. I feel comfortable saying that come the 2012-13 game when the Knicks head to Denver there will still be some residual feelings and he will get booed. But this year he gets a repreive.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8