Dec 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Phil Jackson’s not around for questions about whether he’ll return and training camp hasn’t opened yet, but you know it’s NBA season when there’s drama surrounding the Lakers’ front office. Son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss Jesse Buss was arrested for intoxication Friday in Lexington, Kentucky. WDRB in Lexington reports:
Lexington Jail officials say Buss has bonded out of jail.Lexington Police were called to the area of South Broadway and W. Maxwell Street around 3:39 Friday morning for a report of a man laying on the ground.
Thats where officials say Buss was picked up and charged.
Sources tell WDRB he was demanding preferential treatment and told officers he was the son of Jerry Buss.
To be fair, when I get sleepy, I lay down, too. Maybe not in the middle of the street (anymore), but still. Oh, and you pulled the “Do you know who I am?” routine, Jesse? Not cool. Also, to answer your question, no, we do not, nor do the fine men of the Lexington police department. Buss’ father Jerry Buss was arrested for DU in 2007.
Look, I think yo have to ask if planking was somehow involved in this situation. Or maybe that’s what planking really is. The sober equivalent of getting drunk and randomly laying down.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20