Dec 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Phil Jackson’s not around for questions about whether he’ll return and training camp hasn’t opened yet, but you know it’s NBA season when there’s drama surrounding the Lakers’ front office. Son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss Jesse Buss was arrested for intoxication Friday in Lexington, Kentucky. WDRB in Lexington reports:
Lexington Jail officials say Buss has bonded out of jail.Lexington Police were called to the area of South Broadway and W. Maxwell Street around 3:39 Friday morning for a report of a man laying on the ground.
Thats where officials say Buss was picked up and charged.
Sources tell WDRB he was demanding preferential treatment and told officers he was the son of Jerry Buss.
To be fair, when I get sleepy, I lay down, too. Maybe not in the middle of the street (anymore), but still. Oh, and you pulled the “Do you know who I am?” routine, Jesse? Not cool. Also, to answer your question, no, we do not, nor do the fine men of the Lexington police department. Buss’ father Jerry Buss was arrested for DU in 2007.
Look, I think yo have to ask if planking was somehow involved in this situation. Or maybe that’s what planking really is. The sober equivalent of getting drunk and randomly laying down.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15