Dec 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Phil Jackson’s not around for questions about whether he’ll return and training camp hasn’t opened yet, but you know it’s NBA season when there’s drama surrounding the Lakers’ front office. Son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss Jesse Buss was arrested for intoxication Friday in Lexington, Kentucky. WDRB in Lexington reports:
Lexington Jail officials say Buss has bonded out of jail.Lexington Police were called to the area of South Broadway and W. Maxwell Street around 3:39 Friday morning for a report of a man laying on the ground.
Thats where officials say Buss was picked up and charged.
Sources tell WDRB he was demanding preferential treatment and told officers he was the son of Jerry Buss.
To be fair, when I get sleepy, I lay down, too. Maybe not in the middle of the street (anymore), but still. Oh, and you pulled the “Do you know who I am?” routine, Jesse? Not cool. Also, to answer your question, no, we do not, nor do the fine men of the Lexington police department. Buss’ father Jerry Buss was arrested for DU in 2007.
Look, I think yo have to ask if planking was somehow involved in this situation. Or maybe that’s what planking really is. The sober equivalent of getting drunk and randomly laying down.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16