Dec 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Phil Jackson’s not around for questions about whether he’ll return and training camp hasn’t opened yet, but you know it’s NBA season when there’s drama surrounding the Lakers’ front office. Son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss Jesse Buss was arrested for intoxication Friday in Lexington, Kentucky. WDRB in Lexington reports:
Lexington Jail officials say Buss has bonded out of jail.Lexington Police were called to the area of South Broadway and W. Maxwell Street around 3:39 Friday morning for a report of a man laying on the ground.
Thats where officials say Buss was picked up and charged.
Sources tell WDRB he was demanding preferential treatment and told officers he was the son of Jerry Buss.
To be fair, when I get sleepy, I lay down, too. Maybe not in the middle of the street (anymore), but still. Oh, and you pulled the “Do you know who I am?” routine, Jesse? Not cool. Also, to answer your question, no, we do not, nor do the fine men of the Lexington police department. Buss’ father Jerry Buss was arrested for DU in 2007.
Look, I think yo have to ask if planking was somehow involved in this situation. Or maybe that’s what planking really is. The sober equivalent of getting drunk and randomly laying down.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36