Dec 2, 2011, 6:58 PM EDT
With the end of the lockout, NBA marketing campaigns are picking up. One of the first ones out came from the Celtics, with the simple catchphrase: “I am a Celtic.”
The real question is who are the role players who will be able to say “I am a Celtic” and will Rajon Rondo say “I am a Celtic” by the end of the season. And as Kelly Dwyer pointed out, the last two years the Celtics lost in the playoffs to South Beach and Hollywood. But now is not the time for that. Now is the time for hope and excitement.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 38
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5