Dec 2, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo wants to be a Celtic. And he wants some clarity.
That’s what his agent, Bill Duffy, told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Duffy had a conversation with Celtics GM Danny Ainge Friday, and you can bet trade rumors that had Rondo being shopped for Chris Paul — something that is not going to happen — came up in the conversation.
“Rajon is here, he wants to be here and from what I can gather, they want him here,” said Duffy, who was in town to see his son play basketball at a nearby prep school. “It’s kind of just getting re-engaged before the season starts. I think everything will work out….
“The biggest thing players want is clarity,” Duffy said. “Like, ‘if you’re going to trade me, tell me.’ Players don’t like to feel they’re being manipulated or behind-the-scenes not really knowing what’s going on. That comes down to respect, more than anything else.”
The second part of this is key. Rondo watched his best friend on the team, Kendrick Perkins, get shipped out suddenly last season in a deal nobody loved. Now he hears the rumors, the questions about what kind of teammate he is, and he has to wonder if he’s next.
But for right now, everything is good.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8