Dec 2, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo wants to be a Celtic. And he wants some clarity.
That’s what his agent, Bill Duffy, told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Duffy had a conversation with Celtics GM Danny Ainge Friday, and you can bet trade rumors that had Rondo being shopped for Chris Paul — something that is not going to happen — came up in the conversation.
“Rajon is here, he wants to be here and from what I can gather, they want him here,” said Duffy, who was in town to see his son play basketball at a nearby prep school. “It’s kind of just getting re-engaged before the season starts. I think everything will work out….
“The biggest thing players want is clarity,” Duffy said. “Like, ‘if you’re going to trade me, tell me.’ Players don’t like to feel they’re being manipulated or behind-the-scenes not really knowing what’s going on. That comes down to respect, more than anything else.”
The second part of this is key. Rondo watched his best friend on the team, Kendrick Perkins, get shipped out suddenly last season in a deal nobody loved. Now he hears the rumors, the questions about what kind of teammate he is, and he has to wonder if he’s next.
But for right now, everything is good.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6