Dec 2, 2011, 8:06 AM EST
Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith said he wants to sit down with Dwight Howard and see where his head is. Prudent move. But what if Howard says his head is wanting out of Orlando?
A growing number of execs starting to believe that Magic will indeed give strong consideration to doing Dwight deal before season starts
There is some logic here — if you are going to make a move and there is an offer out there you can live with, better to make the move now rather than drag out the pain.
Teams are ready to make their offer — the Nets will offer Brook Lopez, the Lakers a package centered on Andrew Bynum, and there will be a lot more as well. The Magic will want to start rebuilding by getting young players and picks, plus the team that wins the bid is going to have to take back the ugly contract of Hedo Turkoglu. A third team may come in to facilitate.
If it is a trade, you can pretty much rule out the Knicks, they have no assets. But the Magic will not be hurting for offers, and if they are going down this road they are better off avoiding the drama that ripped apart Denver last year.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10