Dec 2, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
This is a long shot, it’s more about a glimpse into the thinking of the New Orleans Hornets as they do a dance with Chris Paul.
Multiple NBA sources: If the Hornets consider trading Chris Paul, one player they really like is Stephen Curry & have told GSWs that.
Before Warriors fans get excited, remember that you now have to get CP3 to sign a long-term extension in the Bay Area, and that is not likely. At all. He’s not a West Coast guy and while the Warriors new owners are working hard to change the culture of the franchise players are not totally trusting of that yet.
But this gives you an idea where the Hornets are mentally — they want a young player who can be part of the future, a personable guy who would be popular in the community, a guy who can put points on the board. That is what they want.
It likely will not be Curry. But you get the idea.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)