Dec 2, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
This is a long shot, it’s more about a glimpse into the thinking of the New Orleans Hornets as they do a dance with Chris Paul.
Multiple NBA sources: If the Hornets consider trading Chris Paul, one player they really like is Stephen Curry & have told GSWs that.
Before Warriors fans get excited, remember that you now have to get CP3 to sign a long-term extension in the Bay Area, and that is not likely. At all. He’s not a West Coast guy and while the Warriors new owners are working hard to change the culture of the franchise players are not totally trusting of that yet.
But this gives you an idea where the Hornets are mentally — they want a young player who can be part of the future, a personable guy who would be popular in the community, a guy who can put points on the board. That is what they want.
It likely will not be Curry. But you get the idea.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11