Dec 2, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
But we now know the fifth and final Christmas Day game will be the Orlando Magic at the Oklahoma City Thunder, the league just confirmed it via its official twitter account.
Again, this game is the kind of big stars and big splash the NBA is going for on its new opening day. Orlando will be a story whatever happens with Dwight Howard, and Kevin Durant is the league’s newest superstar (well, he and Derrick Rose can arm wrestle for the title).
A source told PBT that Magic staffers were emailed and told to prepare for a Dec. 26 or 27 home opener (it did not mention this game). So it will be a quick turnaround for the Magic players, but with the condensed schedule everyone had better get used to that.
The other Christmas Day games are the Celtics at the Knicks, the Heat at the Mavericks, the Bulls at the Lakers and the Clippers at the Warriors.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 50
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 56