Dec 2, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
But we now know the fifth and final Christmas Day game will be the Orlando Magic at the Oklahoma City Thunder, the league just confirmed it via its official twitter account.
Again, this game is the kind of big stars and big splash the NBA is going for on its new opening day. Orlando will be a story whatever happens with Dwight Howard, and Kevin Durant is the league’s newest superstar (well, he and Derrick Rose can arm wrestle for the title).
A source told PBT that Magic staffers were emailed and told to prepare for a Dec. 26 or 27 home opener (it did not mention this game). So it will be a quick turnaround for the Magic players, but with the condensed schedule everyone had better get used to that.
The other Christmas Day games are the Celtics at the Knicks, the Heat at the Mavericks, the Bulls at the Lakers and the Clippers at the Warriors.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final