Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 AM EST
Hinrich had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out for about a month, until late December or early January, reports CBSSports.com.
Here’s how this could be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks — they have to give Jeff Teague the job now. Teague is the future in Atlanta and in the playoffs last year looked like the now. He should be the starting guard, Hinrich should come off the bench. Except that if Hinrich were available we’re not sure that’s how it would play out.
Now Teague gets a real shot. But he has to grab it. Make it his before Hinrich comes back, because when he does you know Hinrich will be solid. He always is.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13