Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
Hinrich had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out for about a month, until late December or early January, reports CBSSports.com.
Here’s how this could be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks — they have to give Jeff Teague the job now. Teague is the future in Atlanta and in the playoffs last year looked like the now. He should be the starting guard, Hinrich should come off the bench. Except that if Hinrich were available we’re not sure that’s how it would play out.
Now Teague gets a real shot. But he has to grab it. Make it his before Hinrich comes back, because when he does you know Hinrich will be solid. He always is.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 6
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 11
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7