Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 AM EST
Hinrich had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out for about a month, until late December or early January, reports CBSSports.com.
Here’s how this could be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks — they have to give Jeff Teague the job now. Teague is the future in Atlanta and in the playoffs last year looked like the now. He should be the starting guard, Hinrich should come off the bench. Except that if Hinrich were available we’re not sure that’s how it would play out.
Now Teague gets a real shot. But he has to grab it. Make it his before Hinrich comes back, because when he does you know Hinrich will be solid. He always is.
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 0
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)