Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
Hinrich had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out for about a month, until late December or early January, reports CBSSports.com.
Here’s how this could be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks — they have to give Jeff Teague the job now. Teague is the future in Atlanta and in the playoffs last year looked like the now. He should be the starting guard, Hinrich should come off the bench. Except that if Hinrich were available we’re not sure that’s how it would play out.
Now Teague gets a real shot. But he has to grab it. Make it his before Hinrich comes back, because when he does you know Hinrich will be solid. He always is.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 17
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13