Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
Hinrich had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out for about a month, until late December or early January, reports CBSSports.com.
Here’s how this could be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks — they have to give Jeff Teague the job now. Teague is the future in Atlanta and in the playoffs last year looked like the now. He should be the starting guard, Hinrich should come off the bench. Except that if Hinrich were available we’re not sure that’s how it would play out.
Now Teague gets a real shot. But he has to grab it. Make it his before Hinrich comes back, because when he does you know Hinrich will be solid. He always is.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18