Dec 1, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Under Armour (which seems to be what the president wears when he plays hoop) learned a great lesson from Nike: Tell a good story in your commercials.
This is the latest in their “Are You From Here?” ads and it features Minnesota’s Derrick Williams. Who is my early pick for rookie of the year (he can finish at the rim and run the court, two things that will get you a lot of dunks playing with Ricky Rubio). Good story, good commercial. Kind of like Brandon Jennings’ better, though.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18