Tony Allen has Christmas gifts stolen. That sucks.

Dec 1, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT

tony allen Getty Images

This is why I don’t do my Christmas shopping until the last minute… okay, that’s not true. I’m just lazy.

But this just sucks — Tony Allen’s mom had the gifts for her son stolen out of her rental car, reports MyFoxMemphis.com (via SLAM).

Tony Allen says that someone has stolen $20,000 worth of clothing out of a rental car that his mother was using.

His mother returned a rent-a-car to Enterprise… and left the goods in the car. She later realized that she didn’t have the merchandise, called the rental car company and was told that nothing was found in the vehicle. Among the items stolen were high dollar sweaters, shoes, and shirts meant for the NBA star as Christmas gifts.

All I can picture is a sad little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the Allen house with no gifts under it now.

Somehow, I think the Allen family will get through this just fine. Still sucks, though.

1. dgforreal - Dec 1, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Messed up, but how do you forget 20g’s worth of stuff?

2. danielcp0303 - Dec 1, 2011 at 12:54 PM

That’s what you get when you leave 20 thousand dollars worth of stuff in a rental car. Maybe those 20 g’s should’ve gone toward an actual car to own. Shouldn’t be a long list of people to investigate. Either someone that works there, or the next person who rented the vehicle. Unless she left the trunk up the entire time she was driving.

3. edmazeing1 - Dec 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM

The enterprise people took that stuff, you cant tell me other wise, I had one of them lie to me over a rental before when my car was being repaired, I wont get into over this site, but Tony I can almost guaranteed they are lieing to your mom!!!

4. kyleortonsarm - Dec 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM

It’s possible to forget $20,000 worth of anything? I bet those Occupy retards are crapping themselves right now.

5. stayhigh_247 - Dec 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM

this is why athletes go broke, do you really need 20G’s worth of anything? ” yeah gimme 10 pair of those gold, diamond and platinum Jordan 3′s, a pair of his and hers leather & suede Gucci pajama’s, that 1000″ Plasma” i mean seriously, they didn’t grow up with that kinda loot, so why blow it like that? and then 10 years from now lil Tony can’t afford tuition….ridiculous!

Wizards playing spoiler in East