Dec 1, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
This is why I don’t do my Christmas shopping until the last minute… okay, that’s not true. I’m just lazy.
Tony Allen says that someone has stolen $20,000 worth of clothing out of a rental car that his mother was using.
His mother returned a rent-a-car to Enterprise… and left the goods in the car. She later realized that she didn’t have the merchandise, called the rental car company and was told that nothing was found in the vehicle. Among the items stolen were high dollar sweaters, shoes, and shirts meant for the NBA star as Christmas gifts.
All I can picture is a sad little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the Allen house with no gifts under it now.
Somehow, I think the Allen family will get through this just fine. Still sucks, though.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13