Dec 1, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
This is why I don’t do my Christmas shopping until the last minute… okay, that’s not true. I’m just lazy.
Tony Allen says that someone has stolen $20,000 worth of clothing out of a rental car that his mother was using.
His mother returned a rent-a-car to Enterprise… and left the goods in the car. She later realized that she didn’t have the merchandise, called the rental car company and was told that nothing was found in the vehicle. Among the items stolen were high dollar sweaters, shoes, and shirts meant for the NBA star as Christmas gifts.
All I can picture is a sad little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the Allen house with no gifts under it now.
Somehow, I think the Allen family will get through this just fine. Still sucks, though.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 5
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 33
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 51
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28