Dec 1, 2011, 2:04 PM EST
Say what you will about David Kahn — and trust me, we will — the man knows why he still is pulling a paycheck.
Kahn on re-signing Love: “It certainly is a priority. I expect Kevin will be a big part of this franchise for a number of years.”
Don’t screw this up Minny. Love does not qualify for the Derrick Rose rule, so he gets a rookie-max deal. Give it to him.
Minnesota’s 6-9 power forward will enter training camp on Dec. 9 weighing in at 240 pounds, down about 25 from his playing weight at the end of last season. ‘Haven’t been this low since my freshman year in high school,’ quips Love, 23, the former Lake Oswego High standout.
The secret, clearly, is beach volleyball. Still not sure he fits in a pair of skinny jeans, but better conditioning is a good sign for his production this year.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)