Dec 1, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
Say what you will about David Kahn — and trust me, we will — the man knows why he still is pulling a paycheck.
Kahn on re-signing Love: “It certainly is a priority. I expect Kevin will be a big part of this franchise for a number of years.”
Don’t screw this up Minny. Love does not qualify for the Derrick Rose rule, so he gets a rookie-max deal. Give it to him.
Minnesota’s 6-9 power forward will enter training camp on Dec. 9 weighing in at 240 pounds, down about 25 from his playing weight at the end of last season. ‘Haven’t been this low since my freshman year in high school,’ quips Love, 23, the former Lake Oswego High standout.
The secret, clearly, is beach volleyball. Still not sure he fits in a pair of skinny jeans, but better conditioning is a good sign for his production this year.
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 0
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 12
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 47