Dec 1, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
Say what you will about David Kahn — and trust me, we will — the man knows why he still is pulling a paycheck.
Kahn on re-signing Love: “It certainly is a priority. I expect Kevin will be a big part of this franchise for a number of years.”
Don’t screw this up Minny. Love does not qualify for the Derrick Rose rule, so he gets a rookie-max deal. Give it to him.
Minnesota’s 6-9 power forward will enter training camp on Dec. 9 weighing in at 240 pounds, down about 25 from his playing weight at the end of last season. ‘Haven’t been this low since my freshman year in high school,’ quips Love, 23, the former Lake Oswego High standout.
The secret, clearly, is beach volleyball. Still not sure he fits in a pair of skinny jeans, but better conditioning is a good sign for his production this year.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6