Dec 1, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
If you want to get an early jump on MVP voting (which, admittedly, may be a tad premature what with training camps not even open yet) we’ve got you covered here at NBC.
This is a fantastic Q&A with Harvey Araton about his new book covering the glory days of the 1970s Knicks.
We reported yesterday that Nate Robinson is talking buyout with the Thunder. That noise seems to be coming out of his camp, not the Thunder side, there have been no discussions. Robinson wants out because he barely gets on the court in OKC.
Brandon Roy is not going to fall to the Bulls (a team under the cap will snap him up before that if the Blazers even use the amnesty clause on him), but if he did would he be a good pick up for Chicago?
If you want a job with an NBA team, now is the best time to apply.
There are some very interesting — and one kind of odd — things going on in the D-League this year.
Now that the NBA is back, Kevin Arnovitz has suggestions on how you can better enjoy going to an NBA game. I especially endorse No. 1, get there early.
There will be a push by some agents (and players) to get Billy Hunter out as head of the players union soon after the season starts.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14