Dec 1, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
And now for something completely different.
We take a break from the NBA rumor mill to head to the celebrity gossip rumor mill for a second. We promise to return you soon to your regularly scheduled programing.
Recent Nets forward and current free agent (in every sense) Kris Humphries is likely to file for annulment of his 72-day marriage to Kim Kardashian saying it was all a reality show ruse, reports TMZ (via Eye on Basketball).
Sources very close to Kris Humphries tell TMZ … Kris is gunning for an annulment based on fraud because he feels “he was just slotted in the plot line of Kim Kardashian’s latest headline and newest business venture.”
We’re told Kris believes Kim never intended to stay married to him, but needed a groom to fuel ratings for her show. One source says, “Once they were finished taping, she just didn’t need a groom anymore.”
Kris is telling people he feels like a pawn in the game.
I have no insight whatsoever into their marriage (I didn’t watch the show once), but reports are that the wedding special paid out $17 million, so it turned a nice profit. Which is why Humphries can throw around the word fraud. Still, I’m left wondering:
Who did he think he was marrying? What did he think that would be like?
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 0
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 79
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0