Dec 1, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
And now for something completely different.
We take a break from the NBA rumor mill to head to the celebrity gossip rumor mill for a second. We promise to return you soon to your regularly scheduled programing.
Recent Nets forward and current free agent (in every sense) Kris Humphries is likely to file for annulment of his 72-day marriage to Kim Kardashian saying it was all a reality show ruse, reports TMZ (via Eye on Basketball).
Sources very close to Kris Humphries tell TMZ … Kris is gunning for an annulment based on fraud because he feels “he was just slotted in the plot line of Kim Kardashian’s latest headline and newest business venture.”
We’re told Kris believes Kim never intended to stay married to him, but needed a groom to fuel ratings for her show. One source says, “Once they were finished taping, she just didn’t need a groom anymore.”
Kris is telling people he feels like a pawn in the game.
I have no insight whatsoever into their marriage (I didn’t watch the show once), but reports are that the wedding special paid out $17 million, so it turned a nice profit. Which is why Humphries can throw around the word fraud. Still, I’m left wondering:
Who did he think he was marrying? What did he think that would be like?
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11