Dec 1, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
And now for something completely different.
We take a break from the NBA rumor mill to head to the celebrity gossip rumor mill for a second. We promise to return you soon to your regularly scheduled programing.
Recent Nets forward and current free agent (in every sense) Kris Humphries is likely to file for annulment of his 72-day marriage to Kim Kardashian saying it was all a reality show ruse, reports TMZ (via Eye on Basketball).
Sources very close to Kris Humphries tell TMZ … Kris is gunning for an annulment based on fraud because he feels “he was just slotted in the plot line of Kim Kardashian’s latest headline and newest business venture.”
We’re told Kris believes Kim never intended to stay married to him, but needed a groom to fuel ratings for her show. One source says, “Once they were finished taping, she just didn’t need a groom anymore.”
Kris is telling people he feels like a pawn in the game.
I have no insight whatsoever into their marriage (I didn’t watch the show once), but reports are that the wedding special paid out $17 million, so it turned a nice profit. Which is why Humphries can throw around the word fraud. Still, I’m left wondering:
Who did he think he was marrying? What did he think that would be like?
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 0
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement