Dec 1, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
And now for something completely different.
We take a break from the NBA rumor mill to head to the celebrity gossip rumor mill for a second. We promise to return you soon to your regularly scheduled programing.
Recent Nets forward and current free agent (in every sense) Kris Humphries is likely to file for annulment of his 72-day marriage to Kim Kardashian saying it was all a reality show ruse, reports TMZ (via Eye on Basketball).
Sources very close to Kris Humphries tell TMZ … Kris is gunning for an annulment based on fraud because he feels “he was just slotted in the plot line of Kim Kardashian’s latest headline and newest business venture.”
We’re told Kris believes Kim never intended to stay married to him, but needed a groom to fuel ratings for her show. One source says, “Once they were finished taping, she just didn’t need a groom anymore.”
Kris is telling people he feels like a pawn in the game.
I have no insight whatsoever into their marriage (I didn’t watch the show once), but reports are that the wedding special paid out $17 million, so it turned a nice profit. Which is why Humphries can throw around the word fraud. Still, I’m left wondering:
Who did he think he was marrying? What did he think that would be like?
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 0
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 48
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26