Dec 1, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
And to the joy and relief of us all, there is again an NBA players’ union.
Actually, if you want to see NBA games on Christmas, it’s a good thing that a majority of NBA players voted to reform the union. Actually, well over a majority, with more than 300 of the roughly 450 members sending back forms.
The union dissolved as the players’ negotiating body Nov. 14 when it filed a disclaimer of interest. The union needed to reform to negotiate the details of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. (What David Stern and Billy Hunter agreed to as a framework of the deal was technically the settlement of the antitrust lawsuits players filed against the league.)
The unionized players are expected to ratify the new CBA next week, in time for training camps to open Dec. 9.
Then games resume on Christmas Day.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 4
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 18
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 26
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy