Dec 1, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Mike Miller is injured. Again.
The sharpshooter the Heat brought in to space the floor missed half the team’s games last season with thumb injuries and was never healthy (meaning his shooting percentages dropped). Now he is out again for two months due to hernia surgery, he tells the Associated Press.
“It’s unreal with my luck right now,” Miller said. “When it rains it pours.”
Miller had the surgery earlier in the week.
This might slightly increase the chances the Heat will use the amnesty clause on him — but only if it is to free up salary for another player (or maybe to save money on the luxury tax if another player is brought in via trade). They will not waive him just to waive him.
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 0
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 13
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31