Dec 1, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Mike Miller is injured. Again.
The sharpshooter the Heat brought in to space the floor missed half the team’s games last season with thumb injuries and was never healthy (meaning his shooting percentages dropped). Now he is out again for two months due to hernia surgery, he tells the Associated Press.
“It’s unreal with my luck right now,” Miller said. “When it rains it pours.”
Miller had the surgery earlier in the week.
This might slightly increase the chances the Heat will use the amnesty clause on him — but only if it is to free up salary for another player (or maybe to save money on the luxury tax if another player is brought in via trade). They will not waive him just to waive him.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8