Dec 1, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Mike Miller is injured. Again.
The sharpshooter the Heat brought in to space the floor missed half the team’s games last season with thumb injuries and was never healthy (meaning his shooting percentages dropped). Now he is out again for two months due to hernia surgery, he tells the Associated Press.
“It’s unreal with my luck right now,” Miller said. “When it rains it pours.”
Miller had the surgery earlier in the week.
This might slightly increase the chances the Heat will use the amnesty clause on him — but only if it is to free up salary for another player (or maybe to save money on the luxury tax if another player is brought in via trade). They will not waive him just to waive him.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13