Dec 1, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Mike Miller is injured. Again.
The sharpshooter the Heat brought in to space the floor missed half the team’s games last season with thumb injuries and was never healthy (meaning his shooting percentages dropped). Now he is out again for two months due to hernia surgery, he tells the Associated Press.
“It’s unreal with my luck right now,” Miller said. “When it rains it pours.”
Miller had the surgery earlier in the week.
This might slightly increase the chances the Heat will use the amnesty clause on him — but only if it is to free up salary for another player (or maybe to save money on the luxury tax if another player is brought in via trade). They will not waive him just to waive him.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20