Dec 1, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Mike Miller is injured. Again.
The sharpshooter the Heat brought in to space the floor missed half the team’s games last season with thumb injuries and was never healthy (meaning his shooting percentages dropped). Now he is out again for two months due to hernia surgery, he tells the Associated Press.
“It’s unreal with my luck right now,” Miller said. “When it rains it pours.”
Miller had the surgery earlier in the week.
This might slightly increase the chances the Heat will use the amnesty clause on him — but only if it is to free up salary for another player (or maybe to save money on the luxury tax if another player is brought in via trade). They will not waive him just to waive him.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38