Dec 1, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Rajon Rondo is going to stay a Celtic, Danny Ainge said Thursday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Danny Ainge says he has no plans to trade his All-Star point guard, Rajon Rondo, – or any of the Big 3 for that matter – this season….
“Rondo will be fine,” Ainge told reporters Thursday morning. “Rondo knows that we love him. He knows that we like him. He’s excited to come back and play basketball; that’s my opinion.”
Will Rondo be fine? His play slumped when the Celtics traded his friend Kendrick Perkins last year. All these rumors are not going to be good for his psyche. When camp opens, the Celtics brass needs to tell Rondo that he is the future of he franchise and pump him up.
Boston should not trade Rondo — unless what comes back in that trade is one of those true handful of NBA cornerstone players. Chris Paul is one, Dwight Howard is another. (And I read the comments, those of you who think Rondo is as good as CP3 need to watch them both play more. He’s not.)
Those trades are not going to happen (CP3 does not want to come to Boston, apparently). So Ainge is playing it smart, “We love Rondo, we don’t want to trade him.” Well done.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5