Dec 1, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is going to stay a Celtic, Danny Ainge said Thursday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Danny Ainge says he has no plans to trade his All-Star point guard, Rajon Rondo, – or any of the Big 3 for that matter – this season….
“Rondo will be fine,” Ainge told reporters Thursday morning. “Rondo knows that we love him. He knows that we like him. He’s excited to come back and play basketball; that’s my opinion.”
Will Rondo be fine? His play slumped when the Celtics traded his friend Kendrick Perkins last year. All these rumors are not going to be good for his psyche. When camp opens, the Celtics brass needs to tell Rondo that he is the future of he franchise and pump him up.
Boston should not trade Rondo — unless what comes back in that trade is one of those true handful of NBA cornerstone players. Chris Paul is one, Dwight Howard is another. (And I read the comments, those of you who think Rondo is as good as CP3 need to watch them both play more. He’s not.)
Those trades are not going to happen (CP3 does not want to come to Boston, apparently). So Ainge is playing it smart, “We love Rondo, we don’t want to trade him.” Well done.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25