Dec 1, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is going to stay a Celtic, Danny Ainge said Thursday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Danny Ainge says he has no plans to trade his All-Star point guard, Rajon Rondo, – or any of the Big 3 for that matter – this season….
“Rondo will be fine,” Ainge told reporters Thursday morning. “Rondo knows that we love him. He knows that we like him. He’s excited to come back and play basketball; that’s my opinion.”
Will Rondo be fine? His play slumped when the Celtics traded his friend Kendrick Perkins last year. All these rumors are not going to be good for his psyche. When camp opens, the Celtics brass needs to tell Rondo that he is the future of he franchise and pump him up.
Boston should not trade Rondo — unless what comes back in that trade is one of those true handful of NBA cornerstone players. Chris Paul is one, Dwight Howard is another. (And I read the comments, those of you who think Rondo is as good as CP3 need to watch them both play more. He’s not.)
Those trades are not going to happen (CP3 does not want to come to Boston, apparently). So Ainge is playing it smart, “We love Rondo, we don’t want to trade him.” Well done.
- Report: The Clippers have let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 8
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 8
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 6
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Tony Parker got death threat during Game 1 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable