Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4