Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23