Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 0
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 44
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 64
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16