Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50