Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14