Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Carl Landry is the kind of solid role player every team can use. He’s got good offensive game and can knock down the midrange jumper as a power forward, can defend and rebound. He’s not going to blow you away in any one category, but he’s going to give you quality minutes every time he steps on the court.
Source says Portland, New Orleans, Indiana and Boston have all expressed very real interest in free agent forward Carl Landry.
He’d come off the bench on pretty much all of those teams, save maybe New Orleans where the roster is in flux.
Landry likely will pull in a salary around the mid-level exception of about $5 million. Which seems fair. Too often the mid-level goes to a guys showing promise a GM tries to lock down long term (everybody wants to be Joe Dumars with Chauncey Billups) and those guys usually regress. But with Landry you know what you will get, and a league average salary seems about right. He should be in the league’s middle class.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)