Nov 30, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Nothing goes together like fashion and dunks. Well… maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but that’s it.
Which is why a new photo spread in the pages of GQ goes so well together.
NBA players Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown talk dunks and get their pictures taken dunking in suits. Which might be the next barrier to break at the Dunk Contest. Plus there is a fantastic article from Free Darko himself Bethlehem Shoals.
Here are our two favorite dunk quotes from the spread:
“If you’re just dunking by yourself, it’s really nothing special. You have to dunk on someone—then you feel like you’re demoralizing them.”
“When I dunk, I’m in the air for a while, almost in a daze or a trance. I embrace the moment and let everyone take their pictures.”
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19