Nov 30, 2011, 2:08 PM EST
Nothing goes together like fashion and dunks. Well… maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but that’s it.
Which is why a new photo spread in the pages of GQ goes so well together.
NBA players Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown talk dunks and get their pictures taken dunking in suits. Which might be the next barrier to break at the Dunk Contest. Plus there is a fantastic article from Free Darko himself Bethlehem Shoals.
Here are our two favorite dunk quotes from the spread:
“If you’re just dunking by yourself, it’s really nothing special. You have to dunk on someone—then you feel like you’re demoralizing them.”
“When I dunk, I’m in the air for a while, almost in a daze or a trance. I embrace the moment and let everyone take their pictures.”
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5