Nov 30, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Nothing goes together like fashion and dunks. Well… maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but that’s it.
Which is why a new photo spread in the pages of GQ goes so well together.
NBA players Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown talk dunks and get their pictures taken dunking in suits. Which might be the next barrier to break at the Dunk Contest. Plus there is a fantastic article from Free Darko himself Bethlehem Shoals.
Here are our two favorite dunk quotes from the spread:
“If you’re just dunking by yourself, it’s really nothing special. You have to dunk on someone—then you feel like you’re demoralizing them.”
“When I dunk, I’m in the air for a while, almost in a daze or a trance. I embrace the moment and let everyone take their pictures.”
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3