Nov 30, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Nothing goes together like fashion and dunks. Well… maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but that’s it.
Which is why a new photo spread in the pages of GQ goes so well together.
NBA players Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown talk dunks and get their pictures taken dunking in suits. Which might be the next barrier to break at the Dunk Contest. Plus there is a fantastic article from Free Darko himself Bethlehem Shoals.
Here are our two favorite dunk quotes from the spread:
“If you’re just dunking by yourself, it’s really nothing special. You have to dunk on someone—then you feel like you’re demoralizing them.”
“When I dunk, I’m in the air for a while, almost in a daze or a trance. I embrace the moment and let everyone take their pictures.”
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40