Nov 30, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
It was a unforgettable, magical whirlwind of basketball these past couple months in Istanbul. I guess.
Besiktas, the Turkish team that had Deron Williams while lawyers argued BRI on the other side of the globe, decided to send D-Will off with a jersey retirement ceremony, reports Deadspin (and the video is below).
D-Will looked pretty sloppy (and a little heavy) at the start of the season but by the end was dropping 50 on teams that could not begin to match his athleticism. He finished averaging 21.8 points and 6.5 assists per game.
Now Williams will return to the United States and holding the Nets hostage in the last year of his deal.
As a consolation prize, the Turkish league gets to keep Sasha Vujacic, who did not sign with an NBA out.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights