Nov 30, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
It was a unforgettable, magical whirlwind of basketball these past couple months in Istanbul. I guess.
Besiktas, the Turkish team that had Deron Williams while lawyers argued BRI on the other side of the globe, decided to send D-Will off with a jersey retirement ceremony, reports Deadspin (and the video is below).
D-Will looked pretty sloppy (and a little heavy) at the start of the season but by the end was dropping 50 on teams that could not begin to match his athleticism. He finished averaging 21.8 points and 6.5 assists per game.
Now Williams will return to the United States and holding the Nets hostage in the last year of his deal.
As a consolation prize, the Turkish league gets to keep Sasha Vujacic, who did not sign with an NBA out.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19