Nov 30, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
NJ will pursue free agents Nene & Tyson Chandler in hopes of landing 1. Could use either as trade bait to land Howard or players around him.
Seeing as to how center Brook Lopez is one of New Jersey’s core players, this report is a bit baffling. Nene is the best offensive center on the market, and Chandler is the best defensive center in the market, but if the Nets are looking to stockpile assets for a Howard trade, I’m not sure why they’d want their best two trade chips to play the same position.
The argument could be made that Nene is capable of sliding to the 4, but he’s much more effective as a pivot man. Basically, I’m confused here, but after the Nets managed to turn Devin Harris and Derrick Favors in Deron Williams last season, I’m going to give their front office the benefit of the doubt for a little while in all matters not related to Travis Outlaw.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18