Nov 30, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
NJ will pursue free agents Nene & Tyson Chandler in hopes of landing 1. Could use either as trade bait to land Howard or players around him.
Seeing as to how center Brook Lopez is one of New Jersey’s core players, this report is a bit baffling. Nene is the best offensive center on the market, and Chandler is the best defensive center in the market, but if the Nets are looking to stockpile assets for a Howard trade, I’m not sure why they’d want their best two trade chips to play the same position.
The argument could be made that Nene is capable of sliding to the 4, but he’s much more effective as a pivot man. Basically, I’m confused here, but after the Nets managed to turn Devin Harris and Derrick Favors in Deron Williams last season, I’m going to give their front office the benefit of the doubt for a little while in all matters not related to Travis Outlaw.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars