Nov 30, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
And now comes the denial of the rumors. Which none of us will believe.
Hanging in East Rutherford today, where Billy King says he hasn’t talked to Orlando Magic since February
Right. And Jerry Buss spent the lockout living in a Buddhist monastery.
First off, GMs talk all the time, or their underlings talk all the time. Sometimes though back channels. So this is one of those where King can say he never spoke to them but to suggest the Nets and Magic have not had talks and shared information is ludicrous.
Right now, everybody is talking to Orlando. If you’re not, you’re not doing your job.
Orlando may not be ready to move on a deal yet — they want to convince Howard to stay in Orlando. But until Howard signs an extension or gets traded, rumors are going to swirl around the Magic like they did Denver last year. And you can ask the Nuggets how much that helped the team on the court.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)