Nov 30, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
And now comes the denial of the rumors. Which none of us will believe.
Hanging in East Rutherford today, where Billy King says he hasn’t talked to Orlando Magic since February
Right. And Jerry Buss spent the lockout living in a Buddhist monastery.
First off, GMs talk all the time, or their underlings talk all the time. Sometimes though back channels. So this is one of those where King can say he never spoke to them but to suggest the Nets and Magic have not had talks and shared information is ludicrous.
Right now, everybody is talking to Orlando. If you’re not, you’re not doing your job.
Orlando may not be ready to move on a deal yet — they want to convince Howard to stay in Orlando. But until Howard signs an extension or gets traded, rumors are going to swirl around the Magic like they did Denver last year. And you can ask the Nuggets how much that helped the team on the court.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13