Nov 30, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
A couple of the NBA’s biggest stars are not letting the end of the NBA lockout get in the way of some good football.
Yes, at the very time that NBA players are being asked to sign insurance waivers to work at NBA facilities, the Miami Heat forward is following through on his challenge to Durant with a flag-football game Wednesday night in Akron.
The game starts somewhere between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern, depending on which site you check. You can watch live by just following this link.
If you are looking for Heat president Pat Riley or Thunder GM Sam Presti during the game, they will be at a local church on their knees praying for the knees of their stars.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 10
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 57
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14