Nov 30, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
A couple of the NBA’s biggest stars are not letting the end of the NBA lockout get in the way of some good football.
Yes, at the very time that NBA players are being asked to sign insurance waivers to work at NBA facilities, the Miami Heat forward is following through on his challenge to Durant with a flag-football game Wednesday night in Akron.
The game starts somewhere between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern, depending on which site you check. You can watch live by just following this link.
If you are looking for Heat president Pat Riley or Thunder GM Sam Presti during the game, they will be at a local church on their knees praying for the knees of their stars.
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (39)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)