Nov 30, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
A couple of the NBA’s biggest stars are not letting the end of the NBA lockout get in the way of some good football.
Yes, at the very time that NBA players are being asked to sign insurance waivers to work at NBA facilities, the Miami Heat forward is following through on his challenge to Durant with a flag-football game Wednesday night in Akron.
The game starts somewhere between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern, depending on which site you check. You can watch live by just following this link.
If you are looking for Heat president Pat Riley or Thunder GM Sam Presti during the game, they will be at a local church on their knees praying for the knees of their stars.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 8
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 50
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20