Nov 30, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
A couple of the NBA’s biggest stars are not letting the end of the NBA lockout get in the way of some good football.
Yes, at the very time that NBA players are being asked to sign insurance waivers to work at NBA facilities, the Miami Heat forward is following through on his challenge to Durant with a flag-football game Wednesday night in Akron.
The game starts somewhere between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern, depending on which site you check. You can watch live by just following this link.
If you are looking for Heat president Pat Riley or Thunder GM Sam Presti during the game, they will be at a local church on their knees praying for the knees of their stars.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 4
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 9
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 29
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22