Nov 30, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
A couple of the NBA’s biggest stars are not letting the end of the NBA lockout get in the way of some good football.
Yes, at the very time that NBA players are being asked to sign insurance waivers to work at NBA facilities, the Miami Heat forward is following through on his challenge to Durant with a flag-football game Wednesday night in Akron.
The game starts somewhere between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern, depending on which site you check. You can watch live by just following this link.
If you are looking for Heat president Pat Riley or Thunder GM Sam Presti during the game, they will be at a local church on their knees praying for the knees of their stars.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28